Author Topic: yelping at bedtime  (Read 967 times)

Offline Bellayardley

• Site Member
yelping at bedtime
« on: November 11, 2006, 07:47:43 AM »
Hi,
our working cocker spaniel pup Bella is 17weeks old this sunday, we have had her for 8weeks. She's doing really well, toilet is sorted, walking off lead etc BUT, she cries everynight for upto 20 mins. We've gone through, different beds making her safe and snuggled. Cuddly toys, ticking clock....only thing we haven't done is the water bottle idea. Another puppy owner said her dog had some herbal remedy which eases feeling of loneliness. I'm at my witts end, my husband Martin keeps saying "be patient". Any ideas please?

Offline PennyB

Re: yelping at bedtime
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 12:21:50 PM »
Do you let her settle down long before you go to bed or is it a case of lots of attention/cuddles ont he sofa etc. then in the bed then you go upstairs. I would settle mine in their bed in the crate an hour or so at least before I went to bed so they wind down --- let them out quickly to the loo with no fuss just before I went up
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline magicflower

• Site Member
  • Ruby-doos!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 05:24:14 PM »
We had a similar problem with Ruby.

In the end, we moved the crate up into our bedroom.

Since then we've had no problems at all.

I think she was just lonely!  :luv:  :luv:

Tracey, Ruby and Boomer xx

Offline Bellayardley

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 09:07:54 PM »
Thanks for the reply, we try to settle her down while I wash the kitchen floor or potter about. Then it's upstairs and bath time for us etc. she knows were still up and about. Sometimes it's good other times it's not. Last night was awful until i went down and told her "NO", after that she settled in her bed straight away. She does have cuddles but we tend to get her to sleep on a bed in the lounge so she's with us but not having lots of attention. Maybe I'm just too worried??!!!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 11:01:52 AM »
Last night was awful until i went down and told her "NO", after that she settled in her bed straight away

Funnily enough when I get foster dogs in who whinge when I go to bed and I come down and do this they also often shut up as well ::)

Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!