Cocker Activities > Working

well...we did it! our first day out beating....

<< < (2/9) > >>

PennyB:
Sounds like great fun --- any pix of the Jarv and his mum

EmC:

Well done Jarvis  :luv:

Emma and a very jealous Jarvis

Helen:

--- Quote from: PennyB on November 12, 2006, 04:33:43 PM ---Sounds like great fun --- any pix of the Jarv and his mum

--- End quote ---

pix maybe next time ;) if you can bear a photo of a lovely mucky little brown dog and his owner who HAS been dragged through  a hedge backwards - and forwards, and sideways (and through hawthorn bushes, barbed wire, killer brambles, thistles. nettles, holly bushes and the biggest sticky burrs in the world....o.h was fondly picking 'nature' off me AND jarv all last night!)

thanks for all your posts guys - if you ever get the opportunity to go to a shoot do it.  it is fantastic watching working dogs work - people often say that their dogs just 'love it' and they're right - it was a completely new level of sheer dog joy to me! A lot of their reactions are instinctive and surprisingly very controlled, and they switch off from all the other dogs around them and are really  focused on their handler.  Even jarv ignored the other dogs until they could have a sniff and play at lunch.

...apparently i have a couple of years hard work and at 4 or 5 years old jarv will be at his best (lots of work before then!) .  We were beating with 3 springers who were 10 years old and they were like 2 year olds in body and spirit!

anita96:
Well done Helen and Jarvis, maybe one day I will get mocha out there to, although I think I'd better have this baby first! Can't seem me getting over any fences in this state, flatten them maybe! :005:

Cob-Web:
Well done Helen, and Jarvis - it sounds great fun  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version