Cocker Activities > Other Activities

KCGCDS special pre-beginner obedience stakes

<< < (3/3)

Gayle and Bailey:

(she would have to have won out of pre-beginner i.e. to have been awarded a 1st at open/champ in pre-beginner or beginner or a third at open/champ in novice or higher to become ineligible. 

Hi Becky, thanks for starting this post I am sure a lot of people will enjoy it and hopefully encourage more cockers into obedience

I may be wrong but I thought that to win out of prebeginner you had to win a prebeg class or a third or above in any other class, eg beginner

Gayle

sportsmonki:
Yes, Gayle, that used to be the rules for pre-beginners.  I think they changed them in 2005, to allow people to remain in pre-beg for longer.  Unfortunately not all shows print the updated version of the rules, and so some schedules are printed with the old rules.  Most have made the ammendment though  :blink: .

(I know there was also a lot of confusion surrounding eligibility for KCGCDS special pre-beg stakes this year because the KCGCDS department had printed the old G regs, but stated that to be eligible for the competition a dog and handler must be eligible for pre-beg (new rules?))  Hopefully they will sort it for next year...I know they are considering some other changes also to prevent strong dogs from winning lots of heats.

I just searched through and found the details of the regulation change.  It was done in April 2005

"Regulation G(A)5.a  -  Classes  -  Pre-Beginners.

Following the pre-beginners and beginners questionnaire that was distributed at shows during 2004, the general feedback had been that amendments were required to the Pre Beginner class definition to allow dogs to remain in this class until they had gained a first place in this class or Beginners before qualifying out.  The following Regulation amendment was therefore approved:

To compete in Pre-Beginners a handler or dog must not have won a First Prize in Pre-Beginners nor gained a third place or above in any other obedience class.

TO:

To compete in Pre-Beginners a handler or dog must not have won a first place in either Pre-Beginners or Beginners nor gained a third place or above in any other obedience class.  "

(Amendment underlined)

I copied this from: http://www.obedienceuk.com/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=102

Gayle and Bailey:
thanks for that Becky - the schedule I have here has the old rules!!

sportsmonki:
You're welcome. 

Glad you mentioned it  :blink: .  With some shows still printing the old rules it is very confusing.

Yes, I hope that more people will be encouraged to compete in obedience with their cockers  :D .  It would be great to see more involved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version