Cocker Activities > Other Activities

who competes at agility/ in training??

<< < (2/9) > >>

crazyspaniels:
We don't travel to anywhere over about 1 hour away from home and tend to only do saturdays of 2 day shows, but we still manage to fit in loads of shows in the summer, no time to compete in the winter :D

Mollycuddles:
Hope to be in training soon we've found someone who charges £15 hour for agility training, don't know if that's a good or bad price, we've been told he is very good and OH wants to do it with Molly, not sure about going in for competition and we wouldn't travel far I think there are quite a few local events about. there certainly is with obedience.
There is a big waiting list to get into the nearest club though, we did try another one but it rained the night before and the woman didn't show up and just us and one other newbie was there, they didn't have the decency to let us know it was cancelled so we never bothered with that one again .... so it looks like we will be on a very long waiting list.....

sportsmonki:
Storm has been on a waiting list for 3 years!  She's only 2 1/2...I booked her place before I even got her. 

Some clubs dont run beginner courses...and when they do it is for their own new dogs, not for newcomers  >:( 

Probably when Storm is 6 we will still be on the waiting list  >:D

PennyB:

--- Quote from: sportsmonki on November 24, 2006, 04:05:13 PM ---Storm has been on a waiting list for 3 years!  She's only 2 1/2...I booked her place before I even got her. 

Some clubs dont run beginner courses...and when they do it is for their own new dogs, not for newcomers  >:( 

Probably when Storm is 6 we will still be on the waiting list  >:D

--- End quote ---

I guess I've been sort of lucky as while the local club often had permanent waiting lists two of their instructors has a farm and 2 permanent agility courses on it so its the only way I get to go at all

It might be worth seeing if anyone does 1-2-1s --- I find half an hour is fine per dog (at a cost of £6)

sportsmonki:
Thank you PennyB; that's a good idea.

I think she would enjoy agility (she has done when she has had a go at YKC training days), but most trainers round here (including those offering 1-2-1) still seem to want the dog to have a basic understanding of all the obstacles (which she hasnt, even though I am sure she would pick things up quickly)  The trainers at YKC training said they would accept her into their club, but they are too far away from me  :'(  I only know of one trainer round here that does 1-2-1, and I wouldnt take Storm to him; I dont like his training methods. 

Maybe next summer I will be able to find somewhere  :huh:  :blink:.

edited because my spelling is appauling

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version