Author Topic: from puppy to junior food  (Read 565 times)

Offline kangel

• Site Member
from puppy to junior food
« on: December 06, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »
What is it will our dog ELLE and food!!!  she has been happily eating James Wellbeloved puppy for some time now (after being a bit fussy anyway) and now when we try to move her onto the junior variety she wont eat it??????????  I know sometimes they dont want to eat but if I give her the puppy stuff she eats it... part of me thinks I should stick to my guns and she will eat the junior eventually but the 'mum' bit of me just wants her to eat so she is happy and healthy.  Just like my children she keeps me on my toes - just when things start to get settled she poses another problem!!!  :lol: :lol:

Anyone had similar experience - any advice?  ELLE is 6moths tomorrow  :D :D

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
Re: from puppy to junior food
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »
Have you tried mixing the puppy in with some junior, and then over the next few weeks add more junior than puppy... Until she is only eating junior food?

My baby is a bit of a fussy eater, but I haven't had to change her food as she is just 7 months old and on Royal Canin, plus chicken, cheese, tuna, salmon or anything else I think of adding to it!

If it was one of my Newfs I would just tell them to get on with it or they won't get fed, but with my little Cocker I think I would be stressing about her starving to death because she is so tiny to me... She is 8 1/2 kg though so that is probably right for her size!

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!

Offline Naughty Pair

• Site Member
Re: from puppy to junior food
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 02:29:45 PM »
hi there...

yes i have had all of this with my youngest Teri -  its very worrying after a while and expensive as they seem to go off the food after you have bought a big bag of it!! >:D

She would eat a particular food, then go off it, i would try another and then she would go off it.  Eventually she stopped eating and got quite lethargic and had stomach upsets - she didnt even like the special bland, prescription dient from the vet.

so i started her on the Barf diet mainly due to all the great reviews on here!  ...she has never refused her BARF food, in fact she jumps around to get her bowl of raw mince and wizzed up veggies...she is so much healthier and playful.....maybe you could try this type of food....have a look at some of the BArf threads for ides.

Best of luck
Janex
Love Jane

Mum to Annie and Teri