Cocker Activities > Other Activities

A "trick" question - about teaching roll-over

<< < (2/4) > >>

Nicola:
I'm doing this with Tilly atm with the clicker and target and she's doing really well. Alfie already does it and I taught him the same way, just like Freya has described. It was in one of my clicker books and I followed the instructions from there. Basically you get them into a 'down' then progressively move the target back over them until they naturally 'tip over'. Tilly's at this stage so now I'm working on getting her right over and to hold it  :D

Anita:
Yep I've got another roller over - but only Phoebe. Libby just can't get the hang of it. Even with a tasty morsel in the offing! But Phoebe has got her routine too - when she's really excited she's goes straight to the roll over!

sportsmonki:
I taught Storm the same way Danni n Betty suggested.  She already knew 'flat' laying on her side, and from there I put the treat towards on her nose, and then lifted it towards her shoulder (to get her head up and across).  I then moved it further to get her to lift her body a bit more each time.  She will do the full move now following a treat, but I never bothered teach her it without the treat and me standing yet  ph34r 

Colin:

I used the Danni n Betty method too - Jimmy got it straight away, Misty used to get stuck half way at first and just wriggle on her back.  :lol:

This site has some tricks/commands with little video clips - it's aimed at kids so the instructions etc are quite basic - but it might be worth a look for other things to teach Molo.

http://www.loveyourdog.com/tricks2.html#rollover

Cob-Web:

--- Quote from: Colin on December 07, 2006, 12:10:03 PM ---
I used the Danni n Betty method too - Jimmy got it straight away, Misty used to get stuck half way at first and just wriggle on her back.  :lol:

This site has some tricks/commands with little video clips - it's aimed at kids so the instructions etc are quite basic - but it might be worth a look for other things to teach Molo.

http://www.loveyourdog.com/tricks2.html#rollover

--- End quote ---

Excellent site, Colin thanks - lil'bit has started to come to clicker training with me, so these are ideal for her as well as me  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version