Author Topic: Watching videos-can't do it  (Read 1199 times)

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Watching videos-can't do it
« on: December 11, 2006, 06:14:34 PM »
I was trying to watch Colins video yesterday, it will only play a couple of seconds then goes back to the beginning and asks if I want to watch again >:( Tried to move the marker thingy but it will only go as far forward as the video will play for me.

I do have dinosaur dial up, it is soooo slooooow  >:D I've never been able to see a complete video from anywhere, especially YouTube. >:D

(I never got to see Stevie murder the Santa hat!)

The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Re: Watching videos-can't do it
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 06:21:25 PM »
It is a problem with a dial up connection... even with broadband some videos on youtube can take ages to load at busy times. You could try pausing it, then leaving it for a while to load ( there is usually a bar that shows how far it's loaded, wait until it's reached the end before playing) - meanwhile use a separate window to continue to surf the net whilst you wait.

By the way, I've changed the link now - it's not on youtube anymore but a different site. Emma couldn't watch the first link but got it with the new link, so maybe give it another try.

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 06:39:52 PM »
If I'm reading the bar right the whole thing should be loaded, but it still won't let me watch the whole thing. I've tried just letting it sit but then it goes to a screen that says something like "the end, would you like to watch again?" (or something to that effect)

I'll try the new link.

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 07:13:29 PM »
 :huh: No luck with this. I get a couple of seconds of the red dog, then the screen turns red with a big play button in the middle, If i click on that it takes me bac to the beginning.

I guess it's just a dial up problem >:D

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 07:33:57 PM »
For most of these streaming sites like youtube you need to have Macromedia flash player. You can download it here for free, if you don't already have it...

LINK

See if you can watch this video I've got on a different site - if you can, I'll upload the Xmas one onto there too...

VIDEO

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 07:47:50 PM »
Guess I'm going to have to load the Adobe program, couldn't watch the new videos you linked to. ::)

This will take awhile.....