Author Topic: Sleeping downstairs  (Read 2614 times)

Offline JB

• Site Member
Re: Sleeping downstairs
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 02:03:41 PM »
Hello all - I thought I would check in with an update.

Louie is still happily sleeping downstairs but unfortunately his sleeping patterns are a bit erratic. In the week we generally go to bed around 11pm and then I get up about 630 (although he sometimes cries from about 6 - is 7 hours sleep a night for an 8 month old pup normal ?). Sometimes he will sleep through but over the last few weeks he is waking up in the night at different times as either 1) he needs the toilet or 2) he wants to play as he is not tired anymore. We always make sure he visits the garden before he turns in.

Now on point 2) would I be right in thinking the best thing to do here would be to keep him awake as long as possible in the evening ? He generally snoozes on and off from about 8pm onwards so perhaps that is not helping. Keeping him awake I would imagine would result in a very grumpy Louie  >:( Also, play with him a bit more in the evening to tire him out ? He is walked regularly also.

At what sort of age do people think he would start sleeping for a bit longer overnight i.e. 8 or so hours ?