Cocker Activities > Working

dogs first try at beating

<< < (2/4) > >>

Helen:
well done zac  :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

i was really worried about jarv and guns nic, as he is weird around fireworks (ie very nervy).  our first beat was remembrance day (as a foreigner i've not really a clue) so we were both really surprised when there were 2 shotgun shots directly over our heads between drives at midday to start the 2min silence.  jarv was wide eyed, but coped, and something in his lemon brain clicked later on in the day where he finally realised shots equals pheasants :005:  now if he hears a shotgun in the distance he is immediately excited :luv:

i think with floss it will happen, she just needs to get used to it, and get that shots equals pheasants brain wave.

maybe if you can take her out for 1 drive on the next shoot, so she doesn't get overwhelmed and then take it from there  :luv:  bless her, it's a big thing for a small spaniel :luv:

sashal:
Brilliant Nic sounds like you had a great day and the dogs did well.

Alex

anita96:
Well done Nic and Co, I am very jealous I would love to get out there with mocha, but I think I may have to wait until next season when I am not so large with bulging baby :005:, I don't think I would be able to get into the beaters wagon, let alone out!  :D

*jean*:
well done floss and zak.  :luv:

nicola  see the thread IWlass started...Help needed - How to prepare game birds? gives great tips!!! ;) :D :lol:

Millomite:
Excellent news Nic. I'm sure Kev will see you right in terms of the gunshots etc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version