Cocker Activities > Other Activities

Bella goes weave-tastic!

(1/3) > >>

clairep4:
Just a little brag about Bella - we went to agility on Saturday, the first time in a month because of Xmas etc and I'd done barely any practise at all over that time. She's normally very iffy on the weaves, very slow and often gets bored half way along and just wants to get on with jumping.

We had the agility Xmas party in December and it made me realise that me and the Super Booster need to go a bit quicker if we're going to start competing (although admittedly most of those we were against already do compete and have alot more experience), so I decided this week to try and speed things up a bit.

I'm not sure if it was the speed or just Bella being particularly extra attentive but she was FANTASTIC on the weaves - we did them 4 times on different rounds and every single round she whizzed through them and didn't put one foot wrong - I'm one proud mummy!  :luv:

Practically the whole class is made up of collies who of course do that collie 500% focussed, extra speedy weaving, and Bella's always been the poor little over-enthusiastic cocker who has to try and get her bustly bum through the weaves, but she was *almost* a match for the collies this week (well, okay, a few miles off but pretty speedy for a little gundog  :005:) - on top of which she only made one error (too excited to go through the tunnel so she just started spinning round next to it  :lol:) out of about 12 rounds that we did. Cockertastic!  :luv:

Annette:
Well done.

She does love it all doesn't she.

Are you hoping to get Zorro into agility too? Will that be you running with him, or OH?

MrsMac:
Wow, well done Bella and Claire   ;)  I can see her doing that spinning at the tunnel  :lol:

I've was chatting to someone from our local agility club yesterday and I've put our names down so I hope to hear from them soon - fingers crossed.

Cob-Web:
Well done Bella  :D

Molo did the best class he's done at his first class after the Christmas break last week, too  ;) I have put our names down for the demonstration team (first display in May  :o), so we are working towards accuracy - he did a run of four jumps without looking at me once  :D :D

clairep4:
It's great when they start to get the hang of it - it took Bella 8 months to get her head round the seesaw - she's still a touch hesitant on it but will go over it all by herself now instead of needing two of us coaxing her up it with sausage  :lol:.

I'm not sure about taking Zorro - I think he'd love it but OH is really not into doing things like that (being forced to take him to obedience  :005: which is about the limit really). It's just the time commitment really, the class is up to an hour's drive from me depending on the traffic so it takes 3 hours out of my Saturdays and he'd have to be in a different class. But there is a puppy class starting - he's too young yet but she said maybe in April (when he'll be 8 months) - obviously they don't do any jumping till they're a year and they only do the more gentle obstacles (no A-frames) but it means they can start learning directions etc early on.

So we'll see, depends how much energy I have - we had a helter skelter round at the end of class this week (where the obstacles are in a big spiral sequence). There were 20 obstacles in total and it was like a 100m sprint - I only had time to rest while a poodle went round then I had to go again as we were the only 2 mini's and it saved putting the jumps up and down all the time. I was absolutely knackered!  ph34r :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version