Author Topic: puppy weight  (Read 7778 times)

Offline fudgesmammy

• Site Member
    • http://
puppy weight
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2003, 12:45:21 AM »
Awwwww Pheobe is sooo cute!!!

Fudge is now c.10 months and 11kg we have to watch her carefully now it's BBQ season!!!!                    
Eilidh, Fudge and Harry

Offline val

• Site Member
puppy weight
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2003, 10:33:21 AM »
hi thanx for the reply, where about in scotland are you from?. im in the north.. morayshire! max is doing fine jumping about like a mad one. how is fudge? . better go and see what max is up too. val  ;D                    

Offline fudgesmammy

• Site Member
    • http://
puppy weight
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2003, 12:58:47 PM »
Morayshire is almost opposite to where I'm from- Wigtownshire in the SW corner, although we live in Lancaster at the moment (have homeward ambitions!!)
Fudge is grand thanks- doesn't do much most of the time- she likes her sleep! We tend to do fairly big walks so she's mostly glad of a quiet corner and a comfy cushion. She's off to be stripped out tomorrow- that'll be interesting!!h                    
Eilidh, Fudge and Harry

Offline Rosie

• Site Member
puppy weight
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2003, 02:32:55 PM »
To go back to the main question re weight

Ellie was a 'runt' - don't really like that term and neither does she!!  >:(and she is still really really tiny - everyone looks at her and thinks that she is still a puppy - she's 14 months old today!  We weighed her on the weekend and (despite squiming and wriggling found out she was only 9.8 kilos now - she is just dainty and dfelicate and beleive me she gets the most hugs and cuddles from friends/ family and almost anyone we meet on a walk.

However, when she gets going she is a right litle madam - and has Charlie - our very fully grown boy - wrapped right round her little finger - she has bags of character.

We have never really worried about her size as she has always been happy and healthy and we thought that this was the best indicator of her development.

Hope this helps

Rosie                    

Rosie & 4 naughty cockers plus one!

Offline val

• Site Member
puppy weight
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2003, 07:32:10 PM »
hello fudge's mammy, thanx for the reply. how old is fudge ?i will probally get max done when he's old enough, he's been a little devil gets his final jab on friday then its 5 days after that i can take him out into the big world instead of the garden... rosie don't worry about your pup its special too it will be okay [as good as the rest]! val  :D                    

Offline PennyB

puppy weight
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2003, 11:16:01 PM »
To go back to the main question re weight

Ellie was a 'runt' - don't really like that term and neither does she!!  >:(and she is still really really tiny - everyone looks at her and thinks that she is still a puppy - she's 14 months old today!  We weighed her on the weekend and (despite squiming and wriggling found out she was only 9.8 kilos now - she is just dainty and dfelicate and beleive me she gets the most hugs and cuddles from friends/ family and almost anyone we meet on a walk.

Ruby is now 16 months old and her weight is about 10 kg. Have never worried about her size, only that she might put on more weight now she's spayed. She's quite petit but I never thought of her as anything other than a normal healthy happy cocker. The best thing is that she can still get through the cat flap, which means I don't have to practise my useless diy on trying to fit the dogflap yet :)                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
puppy weight
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2003, 11:38:42 AM »
Blimey - Phoebe's a pip squeak! She's 11 months now and 9.6kg - we do feed her honestly.

So is Butty Anita....i weighed her the other day....and she's 11 months and weighs 9.5kg so she sounds about exactly the same build etc as Pheobe ;)                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
puppy weight
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2003, 03:20:05 PM »
Gilly, I always seem to compare Phoebe to Buttty as the are so close in age (and Monty of course)!

I've never worried about her weight - but don't want her to put weight on now she's been spayed. No sign yet ;)                    
Anita