Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Rubysmum

• Site Member
Hello
« on: February 10, 2007, 10:16:49 AM »
Hi my name is Andrea and I've just joined cockers online with our 8 month old black bundle of fluff Ruby.  We live in Standish, Wigan and got Ruby from a local breeder, who told me about this website.  I've been on it a few times and found it really informative.   I'm a complete cocker novice....Ruby is my first ever dog  :luv:  We got her for my youngest daughter for doing so well with her GCSE's last summer, she'd been asking for a cocker spaniel since she was about 4! but we never seemed to have time.  When my eldest daughter went to university the house was so quiet we decided it was the right time to get Ruby.  I'm glad we 1waited as she is so adorable.  we're going on the Greater Manchester meet tomorrow (sunday 11th) so will meet up with other cocker owners in our area, I'm quite excited!!!  I know Ruby will be ecstatic seeing so many dogs!!!
Andrea & Ruby

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 10:18:59 AM »
Hello and welcome from another cocker/dog novice. Glen and Sally are our first dogs too and we are learning fast.  ;)
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline kellyjayne

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 10:39:23 AM »
Welcome Andrea! Don't forget we need lots of photos - It's kind of the law on here! Ruby looks  :luv: tho in your aviatar pic.

I have (well, I will have in four weeks, when his breeder lets me bring him home) a blue roan called Toby
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.  ~Author Unknown
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.  ~Roger Caras

Offline emms

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 11:59:15 AM »
Hello and welcome

Pictures are a must, and I think I should warn you this site is addictive  :005:

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 12:08:24 PM »
Hello, my parents bought me a cocker spaniel called Pepper for my birthday when I was 15, although it wasn't for doing well at school  ph34r.

Lots of photo's are needed  :D

Millie

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 12:59:19 PM »
Hello and welcome, enjoy the meet it sounds like it will be great fun. I too am a novice cocker owner, I have Charlie hes 2

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 01:21:09 PM »
Hi,

Welcome to COL, I also live near you and I have 3 blue roan cockers, one who is 4 and the other 2 who are 9 mths.

We'll all be going tomorrow, but I shall have to apologise now for the unruly behaviour your Ruby may be subjected to. My Phoebe is a bossy little nightmare, but she does look cute. :005:
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Lee67

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 01:28:04 PM »
Hi Andrea, welcome to COL!
We have Poppy, she's almost 8 months and she's our first dog too.
Ruby looks gorgeous  :luv: and she has a very beautiful name (my eldest daughter is called Ruby  :005:).
Lee & Poppy xx

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 03:18:44 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL

Buddy is our first dog too, but now it's hard to imagine life without a cocker in the house.

He is a blue roan, and 2 years old.

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 11:25:15 PM »
Hi and welcome to the board :D

I have a 9 month old blue roan, my first Cocker... I'm more used to giant breeds!! We bought our daughter a pup for her 13th last year, she had wanted once since she was 5 and we had told her she could have one if she did well in her GCSE's. But she has been doing really well at school, and the breeder we had our first one off had one pup for sale, so we bought her!!

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!

Offline Rubysmum

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 09:57:24 AM »
 :D it seems to be a trend, buying dogs for our children! even though Ruby is officially Claire's she said that when she leaves home she'll leave Ruby with me so I have some company  ::)  I think its more because she doesn't want to be number one poop scooper!!  I will put some pictures on as soon as I get the hang of how to do it.  Thanks for the warm welcome.
Andrea & Ruby