Author Topic: Raw Hide  (Read 4278 times)

Offline DawnLou

• Site Member
Raw Hide
« on: August 04, 2003, 10:25:34 AM »
Yet another stupid questions.... I read somewhere that it is okay for puppies to chew on raw hide chew sticks - does anyone know how many it is appropriate to give.  Would one a day be okay??  Also are they supposed to chew them until the whole thing dissappears???  Jarvis did!!                    
Dawn and Jarvis

Anonymous

Raw Hide
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2003, 10:48:07 AM »
:)Ohhhh great question Dawn I will be watching this thread with interest as I wanna give Indie sommat to chew on, but I am a bit scared! ::) Don't want her cutting herself or having poorly tummy

Emma                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Raw Hide
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 10:59:04 AM »
Hide chews are fine in moderation & yes, they are meant to be chewed up until all gone ;D A word of caution though - never leave a puppy (or adult dog) unsupervised with a hide chew as sometimes they will try & swallow too much at a time & you can end up with a puppy with a part-chewed hide stick stuck at the back of it's throat or the chew is swallowed whole & gets stuck further down the system - both potentially v dangerous situations.                    
Jane

Anonymous

Raw Hide
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 10:35:00 PM »
:DThank you Jane I think I will give the raw hide a miss :o

Emma and Indie

Any other suggestions for a teething pup? except my feet that is ;)                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Raw Hide
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 10:38:55 PM »
Nylabones are good - they come in a range of different flavours & most puppies love 'em :) They are designed to be chewed rather than eaten so are safe for pups.                    
Jane

Anonymous

Raw Hide
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2003, 10:03:47 AM »
have to say I tried nylabones but jessie wouldn't touch em..I give her pigs ears  ;D  an she has those denta rucks things... errm, and some raw hide shews but I get the ones that are really big, like the thick hoops, or the ones about a foot long, cos I am petrified of her choking on a bit... then if I see any small bits I remove them, much to her annoyance..you can almost hear her say .. "I have just chewed that for ages to get that bit off!"  ;D