Author Topic: Waiting patiently  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Gill2107

• Site Member
Waiting patiently
« on: March 04, 2007, 07:05:31 PM »
Hi everyone

I have been avidly reading all your messages and very soon hope to have my very own cocker puppy to share news with.  A bit about myself - My name's Gill, I live in the West Midlands with my husband and 3 children, one has already left.  Up until last year we had a westie as our doggy companion, but sadly .she  left us at the age of 15.  As I am slave to cats (British shorthair) I thought this would be enough ,but no the house needs a dog!!  Looking at the moment for the right puppy so hopefully it wont be long before I can post messages

Take care Gill
Gill

9 lives and only 1 salary!!!

Offline Cathy

• Site Member
Re: Waiting patiently
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 07:10:54 PM »
Hi Gill,

Welcome to COL !!

I hope you enjoy it, and get plenty of advice, if needed.

I bet you are very excited.

CATHY

'A dog may be the only opportunity a human has to choose a relative.' -- Mordecai Siegal

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 07:55:44 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL  :blink: . You don't have to wait until you have your poopie before you can post messages y'know  ;) . Hope you find your cocker soon, so you can join the cocker slave gang  :005:
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 07:59:00 PM »
Hi Gill and welcome! It is an axious wait looking for the right cocker but well worth it! I started looking into getting a cocker last July and finally yesterday we picked up our 6 month black show type cocker, Chloe! She's a doll other than times like now when she is laying her head on my arm as I type!

Offline Zolika

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 08:04:50 PM »
Hello

I've got an eleven year old blue roan Cocker and an eight year old British Blue. They are great pals.  I have had a dog and a cat together for over thirty years (not the sames ones of course) and could not think of life without that combination.  I can't tell which one is moulting though and at this time of year the fur is coming off in handfuls.  Best of luck.

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 08:39:34 PM »
Hiya Gill
Welcome 2 COL  :blink:
We are also from the West Midlands
You can see our dogs on the link below

Sarah

www.oramisscockerspanielsandretrievers.moonfruit.co.uk

Offline chelsea

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 09:03:07 PM »
Hiya we're also from the Midlands!
Good luck in your search for a puppy. if you go to Crufts on Thursday you may get chance to meet some breeders and hear about litters due etc.

From Chelsea and all at Quintavia! :D

Offline BabyBear

• Site Member
  • Who's a pretty girl
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 09:43:27 PM »
Hi Gill and family  :D

Welcome to COL, hope you like the site as much as we do. Its extremely addictive and the members are very helpfull with a vast knowledge on the cocker breed.  ;)
Al, Cath, And not forgetting Skye xxx ;)

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 09:46:58 PM »
Hi Gill, hope you get you pup soon.

We are also in area, well North Worcestershire. We have Orange roan Jasper and blue roan Louie.  Hope you'll join us on one of our meets as soon as you can.

Don't forget photos as soon as your new family member joins the household.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Cobaltblue

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 10:42:01 AM »
Hi Gill

I'm new too.  We pick up our puppy next Sunday and are counting the days and hours  :005:.  We've got two cats as well and hope they all get along, I'm sure they will.

Good luck in your search ... its so exciting! 

Cob

Offline Tracy S

• Site Member
  • louie-blue shoes
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 10:47:38 AM »

Hi Gill and welcome to COL ;) I live in the West Mids too (Kingswinford). Wherabouts are you?
I have an 8 month old blue roan boy called Louie. I also have 2 cats, both moggies ;)

Good luck with your search.

Offline Gill2107

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 11:14:27 AM »
Thanks everyone :blink:  I live in Darlaston but originally Bath.  We are a bit nervous of having a puppy again, but hey it will keep us on our toes.  I have to say all your four legged friends are just gorgeous.  I am having to be really strong willed when looking at the pups available, they are all adorable but I have noticed when asking questions to the breeders some are coming across quite vague with their answers.  I know this could be that they are not used to being asked so many questions but I know I will be satisfied when I meet the right one.  As soon as we find our pup you will all be the first to see as I am quite clicky with the camera. lol

Thanks again Gill
Gill

9 lives and only 1 salary!!!

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 11:51:19 AM »
Welcome to COL and good luck with your search  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Tracy S

• Site Member
  • louie-blue shoes
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 12:05:43 PM »
Thanks everyone :blink:  I live in Darlaston but originally Bath.  We are a bit nervous of having a puppy again, but hey it will keep us on our toes.  I have to say all your four legged friends are just gorgeous.  I am having to be really strong willed when looking at the pups available, they are all adorable but I have noticed when asking questions to the breeders some are coming across quite vague with their answers.  I know this could be that they are not used to being asked so many questions but I know I will be satisfied when I meet the right one.  As soon as we find our pup you will all be the first to see as I am quite clicky with the camera. lol

Thanks again Gill

Don't worry Gill, a good breeder will not mind in the least about being asked lots of questions, it is quite usual for them to ask you lots too  ;).

There is lots of advice on here about how to find a reputable breeder, it may be worth taking a look, we had so much good advice from this site before getting our puppy.(no good at links though, sorry :embarassed:)

We also found that most reputable breeder did not actually 'advertise' their puppies, many are booked before they  are born. You may also find that you have to travel for the right puppy. ;)

Offline Harriet

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 04:31:12 PM »
Hi & Welcome to COL  :D:luv: BSH