Author Topic: Very sad news today regarding Molly  (Read 12140 times)

Offline kate.s

• Site Member
    • Ghost Tours UK
Re: Very sad news today regarding Molly
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2007, 09:12:36 PM »
I wonder if she were any other breed would he have mentioned that --- I doubt it (also he's not an expert is he in that field!)

I agree with Penny, he is no expert in the field but you have seen behaviourists and they haven't mentioned rage.

Hugs for Molly  :luv:
Love Kate and Sam xxx

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2007, 10:42:49 PM »
Poor Molly, hope the further results are helpful to you. 

x

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2007, 10:51:25 PM »
So sorry Molly is having problems ..I hope that something is sorted out for you all soon ...sending positive thougts and a big (((HUG))) x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2007, 08:48:20 AM »
  Surgeon who did her MRI scan mentioned rage several times to my OH and she was kennelled with a danger sign attached to it.

How frustrating to have rage mentioned!! I really admire you for working so hard to get to the bottom of Molly's problems - many people would have given up on her a long time ago.

Big hugs to you all and a virtual hug for Molly!!

xxxxx
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline Yellowboat

• Site Member
  • Honey & Holly as pups
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2007, 06:51:06 PM »
So sorry to hear about Molly and appreciate the situation you are in. Our Doberman Jasper had quite a few health problems, the worst being a degenerative bone condition and finally a tumour in one of his front legs. He was on very strong doses of pain killers. He was very stoic about his pain but we finally had to make the decision to have him put to sleep which was awful. I think Molly is telling you what to do! I know Jasper was telling us. It is awful when the worry of cost comes into it as well and I do so sympathize with your situation.
Honey and Holly's Mum.

Offline ruby

• Site Member
  • ruby
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2007, 09:26:32 PM »
not sure about the rage thing,that term is used far to much in my experience  ph34r i was told by our vet,and groomer what was i thinking getting a cocker with kids for, especially a solid black  >:D as she was almost definatly gonna get temprement problems.cant tell you how upset i was, i think it ruined my first few months with her worring about it  :'( what im trying to say is please dont take the term "rage" lightly from what iv learned it is a very rare thing now,i hope you get to the bottom of mollys problems,ruby sends cocker kisses to you both :luv: :luv:

Offline lyn

• Site Member
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2007, 01:00:04 PM »
i have only just seen this thread and want to tell you i am thinking of you all. only you know what is best for molly. you love her very much and she is very lucky to have you.

Offline catcmartin

• Site Member
  • Hamish
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2007, 01:05:54 PM »
Good luck with Molly and I know how you must be feeling trying to find out what is wrong with her.  why do they always think 'rage' when dealing with cockers. I can say that the staff at the Glasgow university vet school complemented my boy charlie for being so good  natured even when things were about as bad as they could be i.e. he was paralysed from mid chest right down his back legs   and even after his surgery and in pain with an 8 inch wound with staples down his spine, he just let them do to him whatever had to be done.  Mind you he still,  a year later still holds the all time record for the dog who chewed the highest number of catheters and had to have it replaced.   :005: Thats my boy. He was cathaterised after surgery as he had no control being paralysed.     
Cathy
Belle my Angel 22-09-09
Charlie my Angel 11-12-2014
Hamish latest addition

Offline ruby

• Site Member
  • ruby
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2007, 02:08:06 PM »
catcmartin, that must have been an awafull 12 months for you :'(i hope things are better for him now :luv: the worry we go through for our doggies ehh ::)

Offline catcmartin

• Site Member
  • Hamish
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
How is molly doing ? Have they sugested a mylegram.  This is usually done when dealing with disk injuries as it gives a clear picture of what is going on.  Usually a mylegram is done prior to surgery when the dog has paralysis, sorry I cant tell you the cost as my boy had a mylegram then went straight into surgery while he was still unconscious.  The cost of the mylegram, plus the spinal surgery and a week in the vet university was £2500 (THANK GOD FOR INSURANCE).  all the best to you all and Molly please let us know how things are going.   
Cathy
Belle my Angel 22-09-09
Charlie my Angel 11-12-2014
Hamish latest addition

Offline Dragon

• Site Member
  • Woofas
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2007, 07:26:34 PM »
Just to let everyone know that we have still found no physical reason for Molly's behaviour. The MRI scan found no issues with Molly.

Updates regarding Molly can now be found on this thread.
Cooper x Sasha x George x

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2007, 07:28:20 PM »
I'll lock this thread to stop peeople asking for updates on here. ;)
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional