Author Topic: delicate subject hmm hmm  (Read 7020 times)

Offline helen1

• Site Member
delicate subject hmm hmm
« on: March 23, 2007, 02:32:37 PM »
Ok so here goes without proper terminology ph34r

Bailey has started to get a bit friendly with his blanket ph34r  Now he's not jumping up and 'cough cough' taking a close look at my knee shall we say but he does rather like my knee length boots (leather) :shades:  He's gone past the cuddling stage, if you get me and he hasnt even taken me out to dinner yet :005:

His tummy and around his 'tillywidger' is getting rather ............crispy ph34r looking and so is the blanket! ;)

He is 8 months old now, is this all normal or do you think he needs ............... a vet :-\  He also likes my daughters teddy bear but I havent told her yet for obvious reasons, poor thing is never out the washing machine. 
Loves my family and dog Bailey more than life its self

Offline Krisdt

• Site Member
Re: delicate subject hmm hmm
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 02:45:13 PM »
TBH it sounds like normal puppy behaviour. Just give a firm NO when he is about to start and distract him.

Offline magicflower

• Site Member
  • Ruby-doos!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 03:22:31 PM »
Bless him! Sounds like typical teenager to me! >:D  >:D

Tracey, Ruby and Boomer xx

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »
Helen, I think the word you are looking for is "humping" - if you do a search for this word in previous threads, you will discover that this is perfectly normal behaviour for girl and boys dogs, both neutered and entire  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 03:34:19 PM »
But does the fact that the blanket is getting 'crispy' and the teddy is permanently in the washing machine mean that he actually humps to the point of ejaculation?  :huh:
In which case, whereas it may be 'normal' to hump, I do think this is going a little too far. And if distraction doesn't work then I'm afraid I personally would book him in to the vets. I couldn't live ith a dog that was spreading his seed over my children's toys.  ph34r 

Offline phillyknickers

• Site Member
  • Can we go home yet.....?
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 04:14:52 PM »
I couldn't live ith a dog that was spreading his seed over my children's toys.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

quite agree  :shades:
Harry the Sprocker - crossbreed I know, but still gorgeous !

"Don't walk in front of me - I may not follow.
 Don't walk behind me - I may not lead.
 Just walk beside me & be my friend." (and STOP PULLING!!)

Albert Camus

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 04:16:58 PM »
Oooooooh Yeuk! Glen has started getting to know his Tigger teddy more intimately than I am entirely comfortable with but I don't think anything is turning crispy, Im scared to look now.  :lol:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 04:20:16 PM »
It seems to me that dogs are being expected to behave less and less like dogs for our own convenience and to prevent peoples embarrassment  ::) They will hump and do all sorts of other distasteful things that WE consider are socially unacceptable for humans - but they are DOGS not people  :-\

Why would you want to subject a dog to invasive surgery, purely to spare your disgust and blushes?  :huh:
Oldies Club

Offline Tracy S

• Site Member
  • louie-blue shoes
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 04:24:17 PM »

Louie only humps one of his beds, he has a way of folding it in half so it's exactly the right height for him :005: Haven't noticed any crispiness though but we do distract him :huh: :005:

Offline sarahp

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 06:40:38 PM »
It seems to me that dogs are being expected to behave less and less like dogs for our own convenience and to prevent peoples embarrassment 

I'm with Rachel on this one - dogs hump - its part of life.  As I've said before - we have three way humping in this house - Dill humps his cushion and Daisy humps Dill simultneously - its just part of our after dinner routine  :lol:
Sarah & The Roan Rangers - Daisy Dog & Dill Boy

The average dog has one request to all humankind. Love me

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 07:29:35 PM »
It seems to me that dogs are being expected to behave less and less like dogs for our own convenience and to prevent peoples embarrassment  ::) They will hump and do all sorts of other distasteful things that WE consider are socially unacceptable for humans - but they are DOGS not people  :-\

Why would you want to subject a dog to invasive surgery, purely to spare your disgust and blushes?  :huh:

So Rachel - you'd be quite happy to let Lil'Bit cuddle a teddy covered in dog sperm, would you?  :huh:

I'm not disgusted or embarrassed by dogs humping - Reuben was having a whale of a time this morning trying to hump a male labrador.  :005: But as regards hygiene when I have children around the house, then if my dog was humping to the point of ejaculation and distraction techniques did not work, then I would not hesitate to have him castrated.  ;)   

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 07:35:19 PM »

Wouldn't it be easier to just put the teddy out of the way - in the same way we do with things when they are small pups and want to chew everything ?

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 07:35:59 PM »
So Rachel - you'd be quite happy to let Lil'Bit cuddle a teddy covered in dog sperm, would you?  :huh:

Surely no-one actually lets their dog play with their children's cuddly toys?  Isn't that just asking for trouble?  :-\

If lil'bit touches Molo, his toys, blanket or bed, then she practices normal hygiene and washes her hands, just as we do - its only bodily fluid, not toxic waste  ::)
Oldies Club

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 07:38:46 PM »
It seems to me that dogs are being expected to behave less and less like dogs for our own convenience and to prevent peoples embarrassment

I'm with Rachel on this one - dogs hump - its part of life.  As I've said before - we have three way humping in this house - Dill humps his cushion and Daisy humps Dill simultneously - its just part of our after dinner routine  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is it actually sperm that is making things "crispy".  Bailey and Harvey often have to get washed around their tummies and bits because they dribble when they pee, and this often makes the hair sort of crispy and dried  :-\
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 07:43:10 PM »
Surely no-one actually lets their dog play with their children's cuddly toys?  Isn't that just asking for trouble?  :-\
He also likes my daughters teddy bear but I havent told her yet for obvious reasons, poor thing is never out the washing machine. 
Obviously they do!  ::)  ::)