Author Topic: Sleeping  (Read 952 times)

Offline Beanie

• Site Member
Sleeping
« on: March 28, 2007, 07:39:09 AM »
Maisy has been sleeping in her crate of a night, sometimes all the way through.  Since she has been a bit poorly she wakes up around three for a wee and then refuses to go back into her crate!!  but if we let her out she will sleep on the bed  >:D I know we have probably made a rod for our own backs here but it is obvious she is tired and she goes down in her crate at first no trouble at all, it's when we try to put her back in.  I am starting to wonder if I should just put her bed by my bed and keep the crate for when we are out - does anyone do this?  do you not have accidents in the night?

Nina

Offline Beanie

• Site Member
Re: Sleeping
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 07:43:02 AM »
One more thing!  would a walk just before bed setlle her down more?  she has two walks, one in the morning and one in the evening.  I don't expect to sleep right through but I do not want to have an hour long battle over the crate at 3am!

Offline BabyBear

• Site Member
  • Who's a pretty girl
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 02:04:47 PM »
Hi Nina,

We to had Skye in a crate during the night  and only stopped doing it when we thought she was completely house trained.

Now we leave her crate in our bedroom with the door open and she skips between the bed and the crate during the night.  I think she goes to her crate when she gets too hot on the bed.
If you dont mind her sleeping on the bed then i cannot see the harm in it  ;)

I also think that a walk just before she goes to her crate is a good idea as it will help then settle easier.  Skye now has a good routine and we try and stick to it  :D

Hope this helps and gooduck  :D
Al, Cath, And not forgetting Skye xxx ;)

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 02:11:44 PM »
We had Glen sleeping with us pretty much from the 3rd week of having him and then we got Sally so they are both in the kitchen now (not enough space on the bed for the two duvet hoggers  :005:)

With Glen we found that he could last all night through - from about 10pm - 6am if he was up with us and we never had a single accident. I quite often get up in the night anyway for a toilet break myself and if so he would accompany me down and go out for a wee himself then go back to sleep. We definately got more sleep with him in the bedroom  and if they would both sleep on a bed at the side of my bed then that is where I would rather they were but unfortunately the kitchen is the onyl way forward for us now.  :'( I miss my night night cuddles and my early morning snuggles.  :luv:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline harleys mum

• Site Member
  • Harley & Rio....butter wouldn't melt!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 03:39:12 PM »
Harley has slept in his own bed in our bedroom from day 3.

He is now 8 months and sleeps in three or four different places in our bedrdoom (including in his bed)  and on the landing during the night - but not on our bed!  I get really grumpy when my 'space' is invaded, even by the kids when they were small, I just cant cope when I haven't had a proper nights sleep.    Harley is allowed to jump up for a cuddle first thing in the morning but jumps off again after 10-15 mins, think he gets too hot.  This arrangement works for us, but then I guess we all have different preferences so good luck with whatever you decide.
Lu

Offline Boo

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 09:31:18 AM »
Hi, we let Gracie sleep in the bedroom and it works for us.  She always stirs between 4-6 am and I take her out to the toilet then put her back to bed.  She does play around for a while but eventually settles again.  I do let her on the bed in the morning for a snuggle  :luv:
You have to think about what you do or don't want.  We tried keeping her downstairs but she ended up cutting her feet while desperately clawing to get out and toileting and trampling in it  :-\.  We decided it wasn't such a big deal for us if she slept in the bedroom  ;)

Offline Beanie

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 10:25:01 AM »
Thanks everyone for your advice.  I brought her a lovely new big girl bed yesterday which is now situated down the side of our bed.  She slept there like an angel last night, woke me up to go out about 4am then had a little play with her chew and went back to sleep then up for a cuddle first thing.  She is really turning into an adorable little lady  :luv:

Fingers crossed touch wood and all that this is going to work.

Nina

Offline BabyBear

• Site Member
  • Who's a pretty girl
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 10:36:55 AM »
Great news..... Hope it all works out for you.

Good Luck
Al, Cath, And not forgetting Skye xxx ;)

Offline harleys mum

• Site Member
  • Harley & Rio....butter wouldn't melt!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 10:41:45 AM »
Awwwww, I'm so pleased you have found a solution that works for all of you
Lu