Author Topic: delicate subject hmm hmm  (Read 7022 times)

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
Re: delicate subject hmm hmm
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 07:43:53 PM »
It seems to me that dogs are being expected to behave less and less like dogs for our own convenience and to prevent peoples embarrassment 

I'm with Rachel on this one - dogs hump - its part of life.  As I've said before - we have three way humping in this house - Dill humps his cushion and Daisy humps Dill simultneously - its just part of our after dinner routine  :lol:

Mine's a glass of wine and a lie down but it takes all sorts!  :005: :005:

Offline helen1

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 07:55:37 PM »
Rhona can I just add I do not let Bailey have my daughters 'toys'  >:( SHE IS 14!   He gets the teddy whenever the door is left open.  I also didnt mean he's 'humping' all the time and leaving everything 'crispy'.  Perhaps I shouldnt have use the word 'crispy'  I was afterall being lighthearted, maybe 'sticky' :005: would have been a better way of describing puppy lubrication/sperm/wee wee :o
Loves my family and dog Bailey more than life its self

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 08:05:39 PM »
Helen, it's likely to be a passing phase. Male puppies have a testosterone surge that starts at about 5 or 6 months and reaches it's peak at around the 10 month mark - levels return to normal at around the 18 months of age. Jimmy fully consumated his love for a duvet cover when he was about a year old and also started humping his favourite cuddly toy on a regular basis - the phase didn't last long though.

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 08:13:45 PM »
On a serious note Barney did have a short relationship with a pink stuffed dog when he was about 10 months old. He never "fully consumated" his relationship. he would climb onto the dog, wimper then get off and look at it sadly.
I eventually rehomed the pink dog for its own well-being and Barney has either never got over the loss of his first love or has moved on from that to an obsession with eating.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 08:58:16 PM »
On a serious note Barney did have a short relationship with a pink stuffed dog when he was about 10 months old. He never "fully consumated" his relationship. he would climb onto the dog, wimper then get off and look at it sadly.
I eventually rehomed the pink dog for its own well-being and Barney has either never got over the loss of his first love or has moved on from that to an obsession with eating.

awwwwww barney :-\

:rofl1:

(sorry debrand....)

helen, your dogs in full adolescence and doing as dogs do - perfectly normal in dog world....and as colin says it should pass :shades:
if there is one particular toy that he fancies, than you may have to rehome it to the top of a wardrobe somewhere ;)
remember slobber can make toys 'crispy' as well as *cough* the other bodiy fluids listed here, so it may not be as bad as it seems...

sarahp, remind me not to come for dinner ph34r ph34r thats one floor show i can live without :005:

helen & jarvis x

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 09:14:15 PM »
Before anyone opts for castration as a cure for indisciminate humping, it doesn't work.  Dillon still tries to hump Nelly and Nelly sometimes tries to hump my leg  :005:  Both have been neutered (not my leg, the other two!)

Anyway, I'm a firm believer in neutering dogs if you're not intending to breed from them because it can prevent a lot of ailments later on, but as a cure for humping it simply doesn't work.

The thing that works best to stop them humping is one word - NO

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 09:19:22 PM »
Before anyone opts for castration as a cure for indisciminate humping, it doesn't work. 
I know it doesn't stop humping. But it would solve the 'sticky situation' wouldn't it?  :dunno:

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2007, 09:31:45 PM »
Before anyone opts for castration as a cure for indisciminate humping, it doesn't work. 
I know it doesn't stop humping. But it would solve the 'sticky situation' wouldn't it?  :dunno:

Um, probably not......if I remember my biology correctly  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2007, 11:38:24 PM »

Um, probably not......if I remember my biology correctly  ;)

It did stop Ben's 'sticky moments' and reduced the humping (still there sometimes though   :005: )  Ben was castrated for a multitude of reasons - and I did think long and hard about it first  ;)  If the 'sticky moments are the only reason for castration then I would give it a while to see if he grows out of it. 

I would try and remove the teddy but be warned that Ben humped anything - legs, sofa, bags, shoes ............... even the curtains could be manipulated for humping  :lol:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007, 11:49:09 PM »
It seems to me that dogs are being expected to behave less and less like dogs for our own convenience and to prevent peoples embarrassment 

I'm with Rachel on this one - dogs hump - its part of life.  As I've said before - we have three way humping in this house - Dill humps his cushion and Daisy humps Dill simultneously - its just part of our after dinner routine  :lol:

Mine's a glass of wine and a lie down but it takes all sorts!  :005: :005:

:rofl1: :rofl1:  Sarah there's probably people out there who'd pay for that kind of 'after dinner entertainment'  :005:

As castration involves removing the testicles this obviously stops the dog producing sperm so it would resolve the 'sticky issues' caused by that particular bodily fluid.

Alfie does sometimes get 'crispy' fur on his belly but it's just where he's peed on himself so I give him a quick going over with a baby wipe every day to keep him clean. Thankfully he hasn't really humped anything since we got rid of his beloved Tigger toy. He's been living a life of celibacy since then although if he did do it I would not have him castrated. It's natural behaviour, I'd just take away whatever it was he was humping (hence Tigger now residing in the cupboard below the stairs).
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Tasha

• Site Member
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 01:15:44 AM »
Yuk I can't stand this sort of behaviour in dogs, if your strict and say NO and mean NO they soon stop that sort of nonsense.  The only ones I give any leaway to are rescues because they usually only do it for a couple of weeks because of stress not habit.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2007, 07:56:03 AM »
As castration involves removing the testicles this obviously stops the dog producing sperm so it would resolve the 'sticky issues' caused by that particular bodily fluid.

I am assuming that dogs are the same as humans in their basic biology, and if so - the seminal fluid is not produced in the testicles......so will continue to be produced afterwards  ;)

Removal or sterilisation only limits the addition of sperm into the seminal fluid - so IF the dog is ejaculating, they can still do this after neutering, it will just be "seedless"  :005:
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline phillyknickers

• Site Member
  • Can we go home yet.....?
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2007, 12:32:42 PM »
it will just be "seedless"

Hence the term 'Jaffa's'  :lol:

I ignore Harry when he's having a 'go' - he is a dog after all and that's what they do (like most men it doesn't last long  ;)) - I am not offended and the children just think that he's disco dancing  :D  :005:  .

Have to say though that if we do get to the stage when he's sliming on everything then I'll have to start the distraction thing as I feel that it's just common sense really not to have toys/furniture/grandma covered in dog sperm  ;).
Harry the Sprocker - crossbreed I know, but still gorgeous !

"Don't walk in front of me - I may not follow.
 Don't walk behind me - I may not lead.
 Just walk beside me & be my friend." (and STOP PULLING!!)

Albert Camus

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2007, 02:10:23 PM »
I can confirm the ability of a castrated animal to "spuff"...

Samson (my horse) has had his nadgers removed, but if I scratch his back leg just so....  ph34r

You can imagine the size of his "sticky puddle" :shades:!!!!!!!!!!
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline Anita breathes Cockers

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2007, 04:22:48 PM »
Kepp it going people, funniest thread for days!!!

:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
[img width= height=]http://www.animationattic.com/dog0037.gif[/img] "Won't be long" means nothing to a dog.  All he knows, is that you're GONE!  He gives his heart; be worthy.