Author Topic: Pet Store  (Read 4761 times)

Offline helenb

• Site Member
  • Maddie
Pet Store
« on: April 03, 2007, 06:36:41 PM »
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum and was looking for some advice. I am looking to buy a blue roan or black bitch and have been to a place in pendlebury/swinton that sells all breeds of dogs.
I'm not sure if I can mention the name of it on here, but I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is a reputable place to buy from?
I have been twice now - today and yesterday, and they seem to have a high turn over of pedigree pups. They guarantee the pups for 6 months and they have all been microchipped.

I live in the warrington area and have rung round numerous breeders but with no luck  :'(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated  :blink:

Many thanks
Helen

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Re: Pet Store
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 06:37:51 PM »
Do not touch with a bargepole!!!

Have a look at our FAQ on locating a reputable breeder

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=2019.0
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Tracy S

• Site Member
  • louie-blue shoes
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »

Hi and welcome to COL ;)

Thank goodness you found this site, as Gill said, avoid at all costs.

You'll find lots of info. on here about how to find a good breeder. ;)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 06:41:37 PM »
No-where that sells lots of breeds is a reputable place.....they are at best, commercial breeders and at worst outlets for puppy farms; neither of which gives dogs the best start in life :(

Try contacting your local Breed Club Secretary:
http://www.thecockerspanielclub.co.uk/breedclubs.htm

and look here http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/Reputable_Breeders for what to look for in a breeder :)

You will find that a good breeder will not have puppies available to sell to you straight away (If they have, then generally, they are not reputable) - you may have to wait several months, but it's not long when you consider the years of joy that a dog will give  :D
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 06:54:56 PM »
Don't go anywhere near places like those.  I have sent you a pm.   :D

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline Cockerlove

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 07:12:58 PM »
Very relieved that you asked first, well done. They are the biggest mistake a puppy buyer can come across.  >:(

Good luck in finding a pup!
Ask not what your cocker can do for you, but ask what you can do for your cocker!!

Offline helenb

• Site Member
  • Maddie
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 07:35:05 PM »
Thank you for all your help and the PM - Annie.

You have definitely made me stop and think and I will not be buying from the place in pendlebury.

I will let you know how I get on in my search for a pup!

Many thanks
Helen

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 07:42:51 PM »
Welcome to COL :blink: . Good luck with your search Helen. Hope you're back soon with good news and perhaps a piccie or two ... :luv: .
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 08:31:28 PM »
Hello  :D,

Good luck with your search. If you having any questions just ask and I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Cayley.

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 09:50:18 PM »
Hi Helen and welcome to COL! Thank goodness you found COL before it was too late!You'll find an abundance of help on here and I'm sure when you find the right puppy from the right source you will get a great deal of love! We are owned by Chloe who is 7 months old now and is superb! Also looks rather odd atm as my friend has been showing me how to groom her for showing and did one side so I could copy and do the other! LMAO!

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 10:59:47 PM »
Welcome to COL and good luck with your search  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 11:22:47 PM »
You will find that a good breeder will not have puppies available to sell to you straight away (If they have, then generally, they are not reputable) - you may have to wait several months, but it's not long when you consider the years of joy that a dog will give  :D

You may find that a good breeder will not have puppies available to sell to you straight away (If they have, then generally, they may not be reputable) - you may have to wait several months, but it's not long when you consider the years of joy that a dog will give.

A lot of reputable show breeders may have had a litter recently before the docking ban, and also with summer coming it is a good time to get puppies house trained when they go to their new homes, and breeders will bear this in mind.

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 11:39:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :D

I am soooo relieved for you that you asked us first! Well done you.  :shades:

As everyone has said these places are to be avoided at all costs.  I know that when you have taken the decision that nows the right time for a pup it can be very frustrating not to find one straight away.  Then places where you went to today look very tempting but please don't fall into that trap.  Alot of pups coming from such places have health and temperament issues and its worth just bearing in mind that for the sake of waiting a few months you might end up with a dog with health and/or temperament issues for 12 years.

Keep researching and I'm sure you'll find a breeder that is reputatble and right for you. Let us know how you get on.
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 11:40:56 PM »
Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum and was looking for some advice. I am looking to buy a blue roan or black bitch and have been to a place in pendlebury/swinton that sells all breeds of dogs.
I'm not sure if I can mention the name of it on here, but I was wondering if someone could tell me if it is a reputable place to buy from?
I have been twice now - today and yesterday, and they seem to have a high turn over of pedigree pups. They guarantee the pups for 6 months and they have all been microchipped.

I live in the warrington area and have rung round numerous breeders but with no luck  :'(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated  :blink:

Many thanks
Helen

I know the exact place you are talking about. DO NOT go back!!! It's owner by the same person who owns the D***C  >:D

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 06:00:06 PM »
Welcome to COL,Helen & thank goodness you had the sense to ask on here before rushing in to buy a puppy from an outlet like that! :shades:

I'm sure if you are patient you will find a super pup from a good breeder! ;)
Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)