Author Topic: The Runs....AGAIN !!!  (Read 539 times)

Offline Bailey_Bonce

• Site Member
  • "Innocent until proven guilty"
The Runs....AGAIN !!!
« on: April 18, 2007, 12:44:58 PM »
Hi,

Bailey has a bad dose of the runs AGAIN !! He seems to have this every 2 weeks, I dont know if he is continually eating some sort of plant in my garden or what, but he never goes a full month without having to poo through the eye of a needle.

He will attempt his number 2, about 9 or 10 times per walk but hardly anything comes out, its like he's constipated with it. We moved him off Pedigree to JWB food last month and was hoping this would sort him out, but nope, we have a sicknote pup.
Bailey !!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

Offline Maggies Muggles

• Site Member
Re: The Runs....AGAIN !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 04:52:12 PM »
Might be worth a call or visit to the vet.

Maggie seems to get the runs particularly after her worming pill (which is administered by the vet). I'm probably asking the obvious but is there any event (such as a pill being taken, etc) that usually precedes his episodes (even if it's a few days before).

We've had to watch Maggie outside very carefully as she will eat absolutely anything - ranging from other animals' excrement to people's sandwiches laid out at picnics (this is particularly embarrasing but fortunately the victims of her theiving have thus far found it cute). I think that some of her extracurricular cullinary activities have upset her stomach; possibly this is happening with yours?

When she does have an upset stomach, the vet has advised us to starve her for 12 hours and then to feed her on plain boiled chicken and rice for a bit - this seems to work but I think I'd still visit the vet myself.

Good luck!!

Offline OscarsMum

• Site Member
Re: The Runs....AGAIN !!!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 06:36:39 PM »
We went through this with Oscar until eventually a poo sample revealed he had Giardia. This  can go in cycles so it might be worth getting it checked out by your vet. I also thought it might be food related but since treatment for th Giardia and moving onto JWB Junior Perf, he has been fine. We still get the occasional runny one but I'm sure this is due to 'puppy-eating-everything-in-sight' syndrome! ::)