Author Topic: Teeth  (Read 2736 times)

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
Teeth
« on: September 03, 2003, 12:57:34 PM »
Just wanted to cry my heart out over my discovery

I just realised that my baby Buffys teeth are coming out in the wrong direction and she has started to "grow" a nice little overshot.

Goodbye show career
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(                    
Coruscant cockers and newfies
with homepage, now also in English.....

Offline roy

• Site Member
Teeth
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 01:00:24 PM »
Hi Sarah - know how you feel, this happened to an older dog of mine that I had hoped to show, at 8 weeks he was perfect then came teething and as you say 'Goodbye Show Time'....
Roy                    

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Teeth
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 01:04:07 PM »
Oh no Sarah - poor little Buffy! Is there nothing that can be done - is it really that bad?  :o                    

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
Teeth
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 01:14:02 PM »
I don't think that there's anything I can do. I've heard (from poodle exhibitors) that you can fix the bite with rubberbands (like a brace) but I def. don't want her to go through that.

She can still enter the field trial and retrieving contest, but if we make it to the top there, she still has to have at least one acceptable show result, minimum 2. prize.                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Teeth
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 01:29:57 PM »
Are you sure the teeth won't come right (not sure how old your pup is)? I'm always happy if our pups look a little overshot at 4 or 5 months as this usually means they will have perfect bites later (as the lower jaw carries on growing after the upper jaw has finished) With undershot bites, there is is no hope but it's not quite so desperate if the teeth are a little overshot, depending on how old the pup is of course. Will keep my fingers crossed things aren't as bad as they look ;)                    
Jane

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
Teeth
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 04:12:40 PM »
she's only four month, but I do think one of the teeth is coming out in the wrong direction. I'll watch over her for the next month or so, and if the story has a happy ending I'll let you know.

Thanks for the crossed fingers, perhaps there's still hope   ???                    

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
Teeth
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2003, 08:44:53 AM »
Buffy has just turned 6 month and I just wanted to give you and update on her bite.

She still has a little overshot bite, but if you stand on the left site of her and examines her bite it looks like a scissors bite, but if you stand on her right site, ...oh horror!!!!!  :o
If the judge chooses to examine her bite from the front, we might hope that he/she is very drunk!  ;D                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Teeth
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2003, 03:05:58 PM »
If the judge chooses to examine her bite from the front, we might hope that he/she is very drunk!  ;D  

Or very short sighted ;D Sorry to hear this Sarah - it must be so frustrating for you, though even after 6 months, mouths can still alter so I suppose there is a chance that things could still come right, but not a big chance unfortunately.                    
Jane

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
Teeth
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2004, 09:44:06 PM »
Just wanted to give an update on Buffys bite

I went to an open show with Buffy today and in her written crit. it said......
.........drum roll........................... ..........................................................
.........................CORRECT BITE :!:
 :?:  :?:  :?:

She is now 8 months old and her overshot bite is now a correct bite (scissors bite).  :P

So Jane, you were right all along. apologize for my scepticism.   :lol:
She got a "very promising" and was third in her class. Hurray.......                    

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Teeth
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2004, 09:50:23 PM »
Hurray for Buffy :D  :lol:   And well done on the placing - you must be really pleased :P                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Teeth
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2004, 11:26:13 PM »
That's excellent news Sarah :) I'm really pleased for you & Buffy :D                    
Jane

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Teeth
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2004, 09:09:06 AM »
That's great news - and well done to Buffy  :lol:                    

Offline Sarah_S

• Site Member
    • kennel coruscant
Teeth
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2004, 10:45:45 AM »
Thank you all.
I am very pleased  :D , now the rest of her body needs to develope before she's shown again  :P

(but i'm still not quite satisfied with her bite, but I seem to be the only one  :o )