Author Topic: New member saying Hello  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Ali R

• Site Member
  • Fairly Useless
New member saying Hello
« on: May 03, 2007, 10:55:08 PM »
Hi everyone

We just joined today, took quite a while to find which key to press to be able to post a message. Twenty four hours actually!! Eventually had to give in gracefully and ask teenager son and daughter for help!
I have a black cocker who joined our family when we lived in France for three years. Her name had to begin with a "U", really difficult unless you wanted Ursula or Urmintrude so somehow we ended up with Uliss. Which gradually transformed into Useless. She lives up to her name splendidly, completely deranged, if there is a wrong way to do it she will jump in with both feet, refuses to answer to any requests unless mummy asks. Rather like she is playing her own game of "Simon said" at school but with mum instead of Simon. Drives everyone else completely up the wall. We all love her to pieces.Useless on the other hand would probably prefer a world with just mum and her in it. She has a small side kick,Maltese terrier, who spends his life collecting bits and pieces and then  placing them in lines! Three cats and three horses who are definitely beneath her.
I had an orange roan cocker about twenty years ago called Bertie, he was just as batty. My husband threatened to buy him a revolving door he had to let him in and out so much, probably would have worn the hinges out!
We now live in New Zealand, Bay of Islands right at the top of the North Island. We have been here two years, the dogs and cats came with us, Very well travelled animals, East Anglia, France and now here!
I will ask children to help with a few photos when they get home from school, no chance of finding right button to press there!!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: New member saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 11:00:35 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL  :D

Love the name for your girl  :lol:

I have two working cockers, Alfie is 15 months and blue roan and Tilly is 2 and a half and is solid liver  :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 11:59:59 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL  :blink: . I have a seven year old working cocker called Fern.

I have a black cocker who joined our family when we lived in France for three years. Her name had to begin with a "U", really difficult unless you wanted Ursula or Urmintrude so somehow we ended up with Uliss. Which gradually transformed into Useless.
  :lol: I wouldn't fancy practicing recall with your cocker in the local parks round here. Most likely it would provoke a response from the locals ''ere! 'ooya callin' useless >:D ' or similar accompanied by much posturing.  :005:

Lucky you in NZ. That's somewhere I have always wanted to visit, but sadly never have. It's not really ALL sheep is it  :huh:;)
Hope you get help posting photos of her soon. Pics are mandatory  ;)
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 05:15:20 AM »
Welcome to COL  ;)

(I'm not normally up at this hour  ::) )

I am owned by Fern working cocker, white and black (15 months) and Jock black lab (8 yrs)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 07:20:00 AM »
Hello and welcome,  :D
Useless sounds fantastic! Thats another one for the best names pile. :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline boocha

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 08:05:02 AM »
Hi and welcome to COL

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 08:46:40 AM »
Hi Ali

I'm a kiwi living in the uk, would love to swap with you ;)  - originally from Lake Taupo

where abouts in the BOI are you?  I have friends in Keri Keri, spent a lot of time sailing around that part of the country a good few years back.

You'll have to provide me with a kiwi fix occassionally

Love the name Useless, she looks lovely from your l'il pic

Helen & Jarv
helen & jarvis x

Offline Gypsygem

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 12:45:12 PM »
Hi there!  Welcome to COL! What a lovely description of your dog - fairly typical of cockers I think!!  :005: :005:  I haven't got one at the moment (since Daisy passed to the other side last summer) but am hoping to go and see Trudi at one of the rescues this weekend  :luv:.  Sounds like you have a fantastic time with Uliss (Useless!)!

Hope you enjoy COL!

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 10:48:57 PM »
Hi and Welcome to COL  :D

Look forward to seeing the photos  ;)
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline sarah25

• Site Member
  • Charbonnel Love'N'It At Oramiss
    • Oramiss Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 07:30:08 AM »
Welcome 2 COL  :D

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 07:43:24 AM »
Welcome to COL - Useless sounds a real character  :luv:

I have Coco - a solid choccie who will be 2 in August.  I am still waiting for her to do what I ask her!  ::)
Julie and Watson

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 08:55:30 AM »
 :005:Love the name.
I have Milly a cocker cross- and maybe it's the "cross" that makes her so obedient  :-\

I also have Barney an almost 3 year old black Cocker. We often wish we called him Barmey- it would definitely suit him.

Offline lexi

• Site Member
    • Spaniel Photos
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 01:33:05 PM »
Hello and welcome! :D

I'm a Canadian living in Switzerland with my family and three ECS.
Byron is a gold sable and sounds very much like Useless:
refuses to answer to any requests unless mummy asks, would probably prefer a world with just mum and her in it.
Holly is our orange roan girl and our latest addition's official name is Yellow Submarine - Y litter! - but we call him Mac!
"Always be a little kinder than necessary." J.M. Barrie
Lexi, Mac, Shadow & Galak (with Holly & Byron in our hearts)

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 02:19:51 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL.

What a lovely description of your home and the dogs! They both sound a bit mad to me!

What I don't think you did explain though, is why her name had to start with "U".

Hope you get the photos sorted out soon.

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 11:05:02 PM »
Hello and welcome to the board :D, love the dogs name... As cruel as it is!!!! I can certainly relate to the door thing, I threatened to kill Tia earlier if she didn't stop asking to go in or out, she  isn't used to being told off so she wasn't happy with me, and now I feel guilty!

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!