Author Topic: New member saying Hello  (Read 2514 times)

Offline Ali R

• Site Member
  • Fairly Useless
Useless' weekend on the coffee table
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 11:19:22 PM »
Hi Everyone

What a wonderful response!! I've never been a member on a site before so I was absolutely amazed. Spent ALL weekend doing pony shows so havent had time to reply earlier. Useless had to start with a U because she is French, in France the year your puppies are born has a letter. Like 1997 might have been T, which would have been great-Tom, Tim, Tinkerbell  etc. However we got U, which is U for not a lot really. Try shouting Ursula into the dark after a few glasses of wine! Uliss was about the shortest we could come up with.
We live in Waipapa which is just down the road from Keri Keri, about five mins. Small world. We went to Taupo a few months ago and really enjoyed it, bit warmer up here.I love the country but I do miss proper shops, there are times I would kill for an M&S or Debenhams. Where else do you buy knickers from!!
Useless wasnt alowed at the horse show so she spent all day sitting in the middle of the coffee table looking for Mummy out of the window. My poor husband tries ever so hard to be nice to her, she refuses to budge.He kept sticking his head around the door to ask if she would like to "go for a walk" or "go in the garden". In the end they sat together and shared a cup of tea and biscuits whilst keeping a Look out on the coffee table.
Am sorting out some photos so once teenage daughter is around she can put them on here for me, I will sit and take notes on how it is done!!
Yes I think her name might be a bit of  a problem in a public park, I can imagine. However I have the opposite problem to everyone else. Usless doesn't leave me AT ALL. She is never really more than a few feet away, we have never trained her to do this. Everyone says how good she is, and she is, but it does have its down side when you fall over her for the hundredth time with a cup of tea! She also sits and gazes at me adoringly, continually. You get used to it after five years, if mum plays ball or scuffles in hedge then she does.
Its like having a little shadow. Told you she is slightly deranged!!
Hope you all had a good weekend and thanks for replies

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: New member saying Hello
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 11:29:24 PM »
Hi, welcome to COL!  :D

My black cocker was named Ursa, which is Latin for bear, when she was a fuzzy puppy she looked like a bear cub  :005:

Looking forward to pics of Useless!  :005: (I think I have a few of those  ::))
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Mollie.Ladie

• Site Member
  • Mmmm I love cockers!
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 12:48:33 AM »
Welcome to COL!  :D I absolutely adore her name!!!  :luv:

I have a 2 (almost 3) year old blue roan girl named Mollie :blink:
Mollie&Christina

*Love at first sight.!

Offline Aggie

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 04:41:44 PM »
Hello/Kiaora and welcome

I lived in NZ 7 years ago and fell in love with the place. Lived in Matamata and Cambridge.

A friend visited last year and fell in love with M&S and our chocolate.

I still miss NZ style coffee shops!

Hope you enjoy COL

Offline CarolineL

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2007, 12:24:53 PM »
Your girl is beautiful!!!  :luv:

Im Caroline and owned by a golden cocker called Hurley, he is 14 months old and provides me with many a giggle!  :lol:

I am very envious of you living in NZ. It is mine and OHs dream to emigrate out there - I love it there!!! Do you mind me asking how you got residency. I've looked into it and by all accounts it will be nigh on impossible for us to go :(
Caroline, Hurley the cocker, Jasper Cat and Little Mo xxxxx

"My name's not Hurley, it's Hugo Reyes. Hurley's just a nickname I have. Why?.... I'm not telling..."

Offline cadbury

• Site Member
  • My wonderful Family oh and me
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 02:51:07 PM »
Hi there your dog sounds as mad as my bunch my family always say that I pick the wierd ones,
my horse would let himself out of his stable and go and raid peoples gardens, and liked to drink from the tap
oh and turn his light on in the stable.my springer likes to eat socks and toilet roll inners and she also likes to
drink from the bathroom sink tap she reaches it by balancing on the side of the bath this trick she as taught
 to the baby of the family Bailey our 19month cocker but to reach the tap he likes to balance on my legs as
i sit on the toilet its a ritual everytime I go to the toilet, he also likes to sit on your head and give you the biggest love
if you are on the floor then thats his domain and you asked for it minstrel likes to eat scratch cards and cash
anyway welcome hows the weather down there .lv Ann

Hi from ANN,Bailey, Minstrel and Merlin the cat.
My animals are the light through dark days
Update.... Bailey died yesterday age 14 .. Minstrel 8yrs ago age 17
Merlin 10 yrs ago age 17
I have now Ellaween age 7 and Willow age 2 both working type cockers Ella black and Tan and Willow choc n Tan.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 02:54:17 PM »
i've been here 14 years and still get my mum to send me Bendon underwear from nz, i miss the coffee shops and decent original clothes a lot.... ph34r

i'll definitely trade places :lol:
helen & jarvis x