Author Topic: chew proof blanket  (Read 6401 times)

Offline helen1

• Site Member
chew proof blanket
« on: May 10, 2007, 04:38:53 PM »
Is there such a thing on the market a Bailey thinks his blankets are for chewing to bits (and my new hand towel) :005:
Loves my family and dog Bailey more than life its self

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: chew proof blanket
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 04:45:07 PM »
Let me know if you find such a thing cos I never have!  :005:

They do have a harder time with the heavy fake sheepskin stuff, mine have been least likely to destroy that. Other than that I just use old stuff or get things at charity shops so I don't feel bad throwing it away.
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 09:13:12 PM »
I use the soft baby pram or cot fleecy covers.  So far Josie hasn't chewed any of them.  Old towels get chewed as do anything made for dogs, but the baby fleecy ones get left alone!
I buy them at boot fairs and charity shops - and most people must think I have hoards of kids at home as I buy several at a time when I find them - IMHO you can never have too many dog blankets! :005:
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 09:16:37 PM »
I agree with spanielcrazy on the fake sheepskin blanket. My girl ate two dog beds, two woolen blankets, my duvet cover and several pillows :005: But the sheepskin thing is still intact. She chews on it every day, but she has yet to make a single hole ;)

Offline helen1

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 09:31:17 PM »
Where would I buy a fake one ph34r  I know my local butchers sells real ones :005:

Offline Mari

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 09:48:57 PM »
I bought my blanket in a pet store. (It has pink paw prints, looks ridiculous, but it's tough and washable). If you can't find one, the fleece sounded like a good idea too. Come to think of it I have a fleece blanket, and Laurië has never chewed on it. I wonder why..

Offline chelsea

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 09:58:39 PM »
Have you ever tried vetbed? It's really strong, and hard to destroy! ;) There's lots of places you can get it from online, just do a google search. ;)

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 10:31:47 PM »
Have you ever tried vetbed? It's really strong, and hard to destroy! ;) There's lots of places you can get it from online, just do a google search. ;)

Ben has tried vetbed and finds it most acceptable for chewing  >:(  I bought two peices to fit his crate in September 05 in preparation for my pup.  He has now made soooo many holes in them that they look and fit like a weird jigsaw puzzle  ph34r

There is no blanket that I've found dog proof ........................... still looking though  ;)

Offline Jan/Billy

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 10:34:19 PM »
Have you ever tried vetbed? It's really strong, and hard to destroy! ;)

Will you please remind billy as he has a nice hole in his  >:D

Offline chelsea

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 08:56:48 AM »
Oh dear! :lol: Well ours do chew holes in theirs occasionally, but i thought it was strong. Maybe not eh! :005:

Offline Kim

• Site Member
    • Molkara Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 11:11:31 AM »
www.Molkara.co.uk

Save the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

Offline OscarsMum

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 11:17:09 AM »
I buy fleece throws from IKEA. They are only about £2-3 and wash and dry really quickly. Oscar has never tried to eat them and they are great for keeping the boot of the car clean.

Offline helen1

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 07:02:39 PM »
I bought a lovely brown fluffy fleece and guess what?   He's had a good chew on it while I was in the shower >:D
Holes and raw edges every where :005:

Any more suggetions before I go mad :005:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2007, 07:14:45 PM »
Our fleece blankets have loads of holes chewed through, beds with stuffing get unstuffed! Even the carpet under their bed is now patterned where they've pulled out a huge chunk of yarn. >:D

I saw a couple of ads in Your dog though:- www.tuffies.co.uk and www.stop-chew.co.uk claiming their beds are chew proof. No idea whether they are but suspect anything stands a chance of being chewed if they are determined.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 07:24:40 PM »
Tuffies beds are expensive but are supposed to be excellent. They had a stand at the country fair yesterday and all the stuff's guaranteed for 10 years and if the dog does chew it and damages it they will replace it no questions asked. I think I'm probably going to order one of the big ones for my two as Alfie is terrible for destroying beds  >:D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/