Author Topic: my new baby boy charlie  (Read 1469 times)

Offline piewwiew

• Site Member
  • MAGIC
my new baby boy charlie
« on: May 06, 2007, 09:03:55 PM »

MY LITTLE CHARLIE

I have just bought a 4 week old blue roan dog, pick up in four weeks, gorgeous i might add as well, the sweetest little thing Ive ever owned.

i have been speaking to people, researching the internet, hunting down good vets, looked into puppy training, getting the holes in the hedge filled in etc, toilet training, what exercise it needs, what food, found a friend he can stay with if i go abroad on holiday, grooming and clipping, ear and eye care, inoculations.

please may anyone look at my list and let me know anything else i need to organise ready for his home coming, also any tips on settling him in on his first few days, i have an eight year old daughter and 2 year old daughter.

thankyou ever so much I'm really nervous and excited and am keen to do it right.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline vicster

• Site Member
  • Norris
Re: my new baby boy charlie
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 09:19:54 PM »
You will love it when he comes home, i don't have any children but i have been told its similar.
Your list sounds very comprehensive and i can't think of anything else(I'm sure someone else will).
When i brought Norris home for his first night he did cry and i was up with him every 2-3 hours for about a week(i don't think i was firm enough with him) ::) . However i did find leaving a clock on his crate helped, its supposed to settle them as it like the mothers heart beat :luv:.

Hope this is off some help, best of luck.
Look forward to hearing how your getting on

Vicky and Norris

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 09:20:35 PM »
Hi, welcome to COL!  :D

Congratulations on your new baby, waiting 4 weeks will be agonizing!  :005:

Sounds like you are off to a good start doing your research well before Charlie gets home. If you look at the posts in the Puppies section you will find a lot of your questions answered, and find a lot of questions you didn't know you had!  :005:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 09:22:45 PM »
Hi, welcome to COL.  :D

I'm half in the same situation as you (except I haven't chosen a pup yet) but I have two adult dogs already - retrievers - who have been my learning curve. But it will still be good to read posts/suggestions that people give you as they will also give me and others something to think about, no matter how much someone knows theres no harm in reading over it again.  You can never be too prepared!

It sounds like you have things pretty much sussed out. May I suggest a crate though? They are like dens for puppies and if you do a search there is plenty of info on them.

I wish you all the best with Charlie, am sure you will be absolutely fine.  By the way.. we like photos! He sounds gorgeous.  :luv:

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 10:04:31 PM »
Hi, welcome to COL.

We have had sam for 6 weeks now and the best advice i can give you is - make sure you get plenty of sleep in now, cause you wont get much when he comes home!!  But it's all worth it, they are the most gorgeous things ever.

Sam likes to dig and I think it is a cocker thing, so be prepared.

This website is great and you will get addicted.  Alot of the questions I wanted to ask had already been asked, so do lots of searches and you will find lots of good advice.

Make sure you post lots of photos and you will be counting down the days until he comes home.
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline Shelley

• Site Member
  • Melody, Abi, Tia
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 09:49:47 PM »
Hi and welcome to the board :D

All I will say is make sure both of your daughters know to leave the pup alone when it is asleep, and if you do have a crate that this is the dogs safe place and they must not go into it.

Tia, Melody and Abi

RAW FED, CHEMICAL FREE DOGS!

Offline piewwiew

• Site Member
  • MAGIC
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 03:50:07 PM »
 ;)

hello everyone how are you all im fine hope you like the photo of my baby with my eight year old daughter im going to hopefully attempt to add some more below here goes  :005:

charlie comes home to us on 29th may - absolutely cant wait as he adores cuddles and love and im convinced he remembers us whenever we go to the breeders to see him

took him a cuddly bunny to get the litter scent so doesnt feel so confused when he is home

:luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

edited - pic's removed as the initial intro has been made - photo's in photo section only please.  Thanks

Offline vicster

• Site Member
  • Norris
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 10:01:22 PM »
He is just lovely, you will have many happy times ahead. :luv:
Can't wait to see more photos and find out how your getting on

Vicky & Norris