Author Topic: viewing a pup without Mum. . .  (Read 6009 times)

Offline wrenside

• Site Member
Re: viewing a pup without Mum. . .
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2007, 11:20:41 PM »
Gosh, isn't that just awful  :o Very under hand and dodgey  :-\
I suppose this is just more confirmation that Megan (whatever she looks like or breed she is) is a puppy farmed dog.
I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, an owner like that simply cannot be trusted  :'(

Best wishes

Mary

Offline vanessa

• Site Member
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2007, 07:36:56 AM »
Hi everyone

thanks for that posting Jane , I had said to my husband that it looked more like a springer than a cocker. They do look similar when they are puppies. Anyway . . . I didn't contact him again or go to see her. . . . Well spotted on the photograph.

Cazzie

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2007, 08:18:27 AM »
This is dreadful. I hear of similar stories quite often. I gave advice just yesterday to a young couple in the same situation.

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2007, 12:17:46 PM »
Thank you to everyone for their comments.All really useful, won't bring the boys with me after consideration!  Craftysam. . . PLEASE do not be offended by my posting, I  maybe didn't word it in the correct way and I am deeply sorry. Its just that if the guy was genuine; I did wonder how he was managing, he told me what was wrong with him is all. I don't want to upset anyone on my first day of posting and I will need all your invaluable advice in the coming months. So once again Im sorry. . . . :embarassed:

Hi Vanessa, you didn't offend me at all.  ;) Like I said originally I didn't think you meant anything untoward by your comment.  :D
Wrenside is right, there are people who do think that anyone who is disabled is unable to give a good home to a pup/dog. Thats not to say I believe you think that but this guy is using "disability" as a reason for selling a pup to pull at peoples heart strings and that annoys me.  >:(
I wanted to put the record straight, as many people read this site without posting, that it is possible for some disabled people to be quite able to give an excellent home to a pup/dog.
Like everyone, able bodied or disabled, it depends on the individuals circumstances.
So please don't worry, you didn't offend or upset me.  :D But the man did!  >:(  :005:

I hope you mange to a lovely pup from a breeder who is reputable and cares about the breed. And of course we'll all be here to help and advise you as you need.  ;)
Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline vanessa

• Site Member
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2007, 08:14:45 AM »

Hello Craftysam
Thanks for posting that message, I really put my foot in it the first day!
Hopefully we will have our new puppy in the next few weeks so I will keep you posted! x

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »
That's great news. We will be looking out for a photo in the puppy section  :luv:
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk