Author Topic: Hello from a newbie!!  (Read 1433 times)

Offline alfiesgirl

• Site Member
Hello from a newbie!!
« on: June 06, 2007, 11:38:20 AM »
Hi i just thought I'd introduce my self!  I'm currently doing my A levels and in two weeks we are getting a working cocker pup called Alfie (you would never guess ;))  So once my A levels are finished I will have the whole summer to spend with the little monster :lol:

Me and my family are new to this dog owning malarky so i thought this would be the best place to join to ask advice!!  So please expect lots of questions over the next few months and beyond ;)

Here is a picture of the little terror at six weeks!!  :luv: (he is chocolate brown and white but looks black an white on the pic!!)

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r248/totallytwiggy/128-2860_IMG.jpg

I look forward to meeting you and all your gorgeous dogs!

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Hello from a newbie!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 11:44:09 AM »
Hi and welcome to COL  :D

Speaking as the proud owner of a working cocker called Alfie I can see that you clearly have excellent taste in both dogs and names  :shades: :005:  My Alfie is almost 17 months old and is light blue roan, he's in my avatar and signature pictures. I also have Tilly who is my 2 and a half year old solid liver rescue working cocker  :luv:

Your little Alfie is adorable  :luv:  Will you be training him to work? Tilly is already trained and Alfie is currently having lessons so we're having lots of fun with it although it is hard work!  :D  Looking forward to hearing more about you and Alfie too  :D
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 11:48:55 AM »
OK so there's the proof:

All Alfie dogs are pure gorgeous! Especially when they are 6 weeks old and very cute.

Welcome to COL. We have 2 yr old Buddy who is 1/4 worker.

Offline alfiesgirl

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 12:12:38 PM »
Thanks!!  Nice to see more working cockers :luv:

Hopefully when he's older he can start training as i think he would love it and its something to keep him occupied ;)
When he is older he is also going to work (proper work!!) with my dad as he works on a large outdoor site with plently of footpaths, meadows and woodland doing maintenance so he will have plenty to keep him active as we are aware of how bouncy they can be :005:  (and also lots of long walks on the moors - lucky dog!)

This is a pic of his mum and dad (mums black, dads liver and white) they are two of the most lovely dogs we have ever met!

Offline loujo

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 01:23:59 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL!

Alfie is gorgeous  :luv:  I'm by Robbie (5 1/2 yrs old) a blue roan show cocker and ALFIE (2 yrs old) a blue roan show cocker.  Alfie is Robbie's son.  Alfie is a great name for a cocker, not that I'm biased or anything  :005:

Warning: this site is addictive! :lol:
Louise xxx
(and Robbie 10yrs old and Alfie 7yrs old)

Offline kellyjayne

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 01:50:06 PM »
Hiya, welcome to the forum. Alfie is just soooooooooooooooo cute  :luv: I have Toby a 5 1/2 month old blue roan show type
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.  ~Author Unknown
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.  ~Roger Caras

Offline *Adele*

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 02:25:34 PM »
Welcome!  :005: Alfie is adorable! We are owned by Chloe who is 9.5 months old and a black show cocker.

As already mentioned this site is very addictive and photos are loved immensely!  :005: Good luck with your A-Levels!

Offline tinah

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 02:34:05 PM »
Hi.  Your Alfie looks gorgeous!  I have had my Alfie for 5 days now. He is a black working cocker.  I am also new to dog owning, but have done plenty of research and read lots of books and articles to prepare myself.  I have also learnt loads from this site!!
I'm sure you'll have a lovely time with him.  Looking forward to seeing more pics as he grows.

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 03:03:16 PM »
Hi and welcome, Alfie looks adorable, looking forward to seeing lots more pics as he grows. Sounds like he's going to have a lovely time with all that wonderful outdoor life to look forward to  ;)

We are owned by Jasper nearly 2yr old show type orange roan, and Louie 11month old 1/4 worker blue roan.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline Letichia

• Site Member
  • Maverick
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 05:16:08 PM »
Hello

Welcome to COL :D
I have two blue roan show cockers called Mollie and Scoobie.

Good Luck with your A Levels!
Letichia, Lilly, Polo and Maverick x

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 07:50:07 PM »
hi and welcome ;)

alfie is just beautiful :luv: with lovely mum and dad too...

curious to know why if dad is listed as liver and white, alfie is chocolate and white?  I thought chocolate and liver are one and the same thing....(chocolate being a more 'palatable' term than liver :005:)
helen & jarvis x

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 08:02:04 PM »
Hello and welcome to COL
We have Buffy who is now 4 months old, and a black and white working x show type.  We also have 2 other dogs, 3 cats and a budgie.
As has already been said, this site is very addictive, so make sure you do your revision as well as logging on regularly!
Alfie is gorgeous - can't wait to see more pix  :luv: :luv: :luv:
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 08:03:32 PM »
Hi and welcome

Your Alfie looks a little smasher, his dad looks a bit like my girl Floss.

I am quite partial to the name Alfie too, it is the same as my little grandson.

I have 3 working cockers Zac, Floss and Scout.
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline alfiesgirl

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 09:27:10 PM »
Thanks guys!
livercake- Alfies not officially chocolate and white, i just call him that cos it looks more chocolatey than liver to me :005: ;)

Offline piewwiew

• Site Member
  • MAGIC
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 09:30:18 PM »
a big welcome

I'm new too and have blue roan boy

you'll just love it on here but i really must urge you to complete your studies before becoming addicted to this site as you will fail your exams  :D

my hubby and i no longer have a relationship anymore as i have found a new companion called COL  :005:

lovely puppy please post lots and lots more photos

teresa and magic and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx