Author Topic: Well, here goes!!!!!  (Read 5920 times)

Offline Lea

• Site Member
Well, here goes!!!!!
« on: October 12, 2003, 01:59:42 PM »
I have just joined this conference.  Came across it by trawling thru pages and pages of cocker sites!!!!!!!
I have one dog already, Gemma, a 6 1/2YO Rottie cross.  And have now moved into a house that is perfect for expanding my family, not in the human sense, 2 kids and me is enough!!!!!!! But want a Black cocker!!!!!!!
I love Cockers, used to work with them, looking after and grooming them ready for shows(along with loads of Irish Setters and various other dogs!!!!!!)
I keep seeing the pics of users dogs, and am sooo Jealous, they are soooo lovely!!!!!
I have wanted a cocker for 10 years now, and now I am the position to get one, I am really impatient!!!!!! LOL
Hope to find one soon.
Anyway sorry for the ramblings.
By the looks of this conference it is a really great place to be, hope I am not intruding, and hope I will be able to post about my own cocker soon.
Lea :)                    

Offline Loraine

• Site Member
    • http://
Well, here goes!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 02:13:05 PM »
Hello Lea.  Welcome to COL. I can completely understand your obsession with cockers - they are THE BEST as far as I'm concerned but then I just a tiny bit biased!  ;)

I have two: Candy 14 months solid black and Georgia 6 months solid chocolate - they're enough for now!  I'm in process of posting some pictures of them which is quite unusual for me!

Hope you enjoy the forum.

L x :)                    
Loraine and Candy xxxx

Offline daftcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.chaysonniecockers.co.uk
Well, here goes!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 02:24:45 PM »
Welcome to COL, this site is wonderful and full of informations and help, hope you have many happy hours on it I know I have :)                    
WWW.CHAYSONNIECOCKERS.CO.UK

Thanks susan and the gang

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
Well, here goes!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 03:21:10 PM »
Welcome to COL. I have three cockers - a gold, an orange roan and a black. I'm still pondering over which colour will be next  ;) so beware, they can be quite addictive ;D Good luck with your search and hope you enjoy the site as much as I do                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Tricialane

• Site Member
Well, here goes!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 04:36:27 PM »
Hi Lea
Welcome to COL.  I hope that you find it as interesting and informative as I have done.
We have a 7 month old Black Cocker called Max.
Good luck in your search for your cocker.

Tricia                    
Tricia

Offline shaz

• Site Member
Well, here goes!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 05:15:20 PM »
hi
 i have three cockers 2 blue roan and 1 black and white,all mad but yet the most loving lot you will ever meet and they are part of my family, even get xmas pressies, hope you find your black cocker ,
good luck shaz :)                    
sharon  mellow,  harley , shayla and havana.
please visit my new web site
www.evanavacockerspaniels.moonfruit.com

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Well, here goes!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 05:50:32 PM »
Hi Lea and welcome to COL ;)

I have Lottie who is a 1 year old blue roan.  Hope you're successful inyour search :)                    
Mary & Lottie x

Anonymous

Well, here goes!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2003, 10:05:29 PM »
Hi Lea!!

Welcome to the site, I have to say this site has been fantastic in providing me with information prior and post getting my blue roan girl Indie who is 5 1/2 months now!!

And it's also a great place to show off your puppy, with people who are genuinely pleased to see them.  

I hope you find your lil friend soon and look forward to hearing all about it!

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Well, here goes!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2003, 09:24:26 AM »
Hello Lea and welcome to the site. Hope we can give you lots of information and advice!                    
Anita

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Well, here goes!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2003, 10:29:42 AM »
Hiya Lea,

I have a 1 year old liver roan called Buttons and love her to bits  ;D
and welcome to COL. As all the others have said this is a great forum with excellent advice about all things cocker...i'm sure you won't be long in your search for your new baby... ;)

Gilly & Buttons                    

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
Well, here goes!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2003, 10:40:58 AM »
Hello there Lea and welcome to the forum. :) Another grooming expert on here will come in handy for novices like me.

Good luck in your search for a black cocker. I started off looking for a blue roan, switched to a black but ended up with a red.(Jimmy , 2 years old in a couple of months) Next time round I wanted a solid liver or a black and white but when a blue roan sired by a forum member became available I jumped at the chance. (Misty, 5months) I'm really pleased with how things worked out but if your heart is set on a black, I'm sure one will come along  eventually. ;)                    

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Well, here goes!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2003, 02:06:13 PM »
Yes welcome Lea.  I have 5 cockers - Jodie is the oldest (10)and a blue roan, then Pippa (7) a liver and tan, then Daisy (4) orange roan, Lolly (3) liver roan and finally Gem (1) blue roan.  I would like a golden one too when I can find what I want.  Good luck.  :D                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Well, here goes!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2003, 02:30:18 PM »
Hi Lea - welcome aboard  ;D I thought I had replied to your message earlier, so apologies  :-[

Hope you find what you're looking for soon enough. By the way, how brave of you to stick your avatar up straight away - it took some of these guys months to be persuaded!!  ;D                    

Offline Lea

• Site Member
Well, here goes!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2003, 06:41:20 PM »
Thankyou to everyone for replying to my post.  
And, yep, I am mad, but was playing silly devils with my photo and decided I may aswell add it on here while it was fresh in my mind!!!!!!!
Still hunting for my cocker. I have loads of people looking out for me, One day I will have a shock, and get 'the call' I am waiting for!!!! LOL
thankyou again for a wonderful reception.
Lea  ;D                    

Offline Sophie

• Site Member
Well, here goes!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2003, 08:57:04 AM »
Hi Lea

From one newbie to another, you wont find a friendlier bunch of guys and gals than here.  If you have a problem, worry, or just want to chat you will get it all here.  Ive found this site a revelation and the people on it comitted to their Cockers.

I guess all cocker lovers/owners must be like minded.

Good luck with your search for your pup.  We just homed our litter but they were Blue Roan and Tan and Blue Roans.

Steve