Author Topic: 24hrs and counting  (Read 1408 times)

Offline BADGER1

• Site Member
24hrs and counting
« on: July 17, 2007, 09:57:45 PM »
Picking our puppy Badger tommorrow evening. We're really excited, but I'm quite anxious as it's the first time Ive ever owned a dog and I'm keen to do everything right. I've read sooo many books and tonnes of info from varies sources on the web , but  I  know that nothing is going to quite prepare  me for the shock of being a new puppy owner ! I just hope you're all ready for all the ridiculous questions that I'm bound to have for you all over the coming weeks . Wish me luck!!!!!!!

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
Re: 24hrs and counting
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:00:24 PM »
Oh how exciting. I bet you won't sleep a wink tonight. Can't help with puppy tips I never had one, but good luck and when you get a minute don't forget to post some pics.

Offline BADGER1

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 10:03:15 PM »
Don't worry I'm armed with my new camera ! Thats just as long as I don't forget how to use it with all the excitement

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 10:05:52 PM »
Don't worry about the daft questions - just don't be afraid to ask however daft it seems.  ;)  No one will laugh (well not to your face anyway!  :005:) I didn't have a clue what had hit me when I got Coco.  She was my first dog too and it was a bit of a shock.  Wouldn't be without her now though  :luv:  :luv:

Good luck tomorrow and remember we need lots of pics or we won't answer your silly questions  ;)  :lol:
Julie and Watson

Offline Danni n Betty

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 10:07:44 PM »
Get plenty of sleep.........yeah right, you'll be to excited!!!!!
Lots of luck for tomorrow, looking forward to lots of puppy pics  :luv:

Offline gkrg

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 01:56:28 AM »
Hi Badger

We picked up Orla last Wed and we have never had a dog before. Hope you have had good nights sleep :005: I am writting this and Orla is in the kitchen crying. Cant understand how such a small dog can make such a loud noise?  Can;t get her to settle at night. Although last night was the first time she slept from 12:15am till 7am. If you check the post's I have put on, you don't get any more sillier questions than I have asked. I am a newbie to the forum, and I can say these guys are great. The advise I have had is excellent. Always someone who has been in the same situation. Good luck with the puppy. Hope she is an  :angel:

GK

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 07:44:40 AM »
Good luck!

:D
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 08:25:00 AM »
Good Luck!!

Remember the most important thing on here - PHOTOS!!!!!   :005:
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline Gpalin

• Site Member
  • My Baby Floyd
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 08:51:46 AM »
Aww how exciting dont worry everything will be fine, I have been nervous with both of my puppys they just seem so fragile.

Just a couple of puppy wisdom words -

Dont worry if they keep crying through the night, there just missing there brothers, sisters and mummy I promise this will pass probably after the first couple of weeks. To help wear a top all day then put it in your puppys bed so he can smell you when hes sleeping. A ticking clock under the covers will also remind him of his mum. A hot pad also works a treat  :D

Dont worry if he go's off his food he will eventually eat again but dont keep changing his food keep to what th breeder fed him untill he's a little older then you can decide what you want him to be on. He will eat if he's hungry I promise, if you do get really worried try him with some scrambelled egg.

The most importanyt one ENJOY.....

Lots of pics please  :D

Gemma,gorgeous Floyd and cutey Charlie xxxxxxx
www.myspaniel.co.uk
'without a doggy in my world, life would be boring'

Offline pinkcarys

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 10:02:36 AM »
We got Griffin on Sunday and we adore him, but....

He's nocturnal! Go and get some sleep, lots of it. You'll need it. They are so tiring, you can't relax for a second because even if you think they're asleep at your feet, tehy're serrupticiously chewing on something.  We love Griffin, but boy, he's hard work.

Have fun picking him up.  The first moment we saw him will stay with me forever.  Talk about love at first sight  :luv:

Can't wait to see photos.
"My aim in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am"

Offline BADGER1

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 05:28:44 PM »
Aww how exciting dont worry everything will be fine, I have been nervous with both of my puppys they just seem so fragile.

Just a couple of puppy wisdom words -

Dont worry if they keep crying through the night, there just missing there brothers, sisters and mummy I promise this will pass probably after the first couple of weeks. To help wear a top all day then put it in your puppys bed so he can smell you when hes sleeping. A ticking clock under the covers will also remind him of his mum. A hot pad also works a treat  :D

Dont worry if he go's off his food he will eventually eat again but dont keep changing his food keep to what th breeder fed him untill he's a little older then you can decide what you want him to be on. He will eat if he's hungry I promise, if you do get really worried try him with some scrambelled egg.

The most importanyt one ENJOY.....

Lots of pics please  :D

I' m a Little worried about Badger as he's gone off his food today. He bolted his breakfast this morning (well at5.30am actually) but he wouldn't have anything midmorning and had to coax him to eat a tiny amount this afternoon. So you think that this could be him just taking time to adjust and settle in! Help I hope so ?

Offline Anniesdogs

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 07:58:46 AM »
Hi there,
Hope Badger settled in well, I picked our puppy up on thursday evening and she's settled a treat, just bags of patience and time and you can't go wrong.  tis stage doesn't last forever.
Good luck.

Offline Chellejm

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2007, 03:36:20 PM »
Hope everything went well and ur enjoying your new puppy :)
The Herbster!!