Author Topic: Hello  (Read 6232 times)

Offline dog2

• Site Member
Hello
« on: October 17, 2003, 05:01:40 PM »
Hello from me and my cocker spaniel Benji. :)Before i got him i really wanted a small lap dog...when i heard that there was a dog needing re-homing i went to have a look and found Benji.He weighed in at nearly 5 stones. ???The people who had him were reputed to be feeding him til he died as they didnt want him any more. >:(Whatever,we have had him about 18 months now and he has been considerably smaller by degrees along the way.He is about as trim as he will be now and enjoying life to the full.Still has to watch his weight though.I didnt know anything about cocker spaniels and their ways before him but am certainly learning now!! ;D :-Any handy hints and tips on how to keep your cocker spaniel happy would always be appreciated from those more experienced than me. ???                    

Offline Jen

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 05:34:10 PM »
Wecome to Cockers On Line -
 :o A five stone cocker! - that's unbelievable - and to think they were over feeding him so that he would die >:( some people are so cruel.

Thankfully, it sounds as if Benji has found himself the good family he deserves - and you have found yourself the best website for cocker info!  Though I'd say all Benji needs is a proper diet with a side helping of unlimited love -  ;D

Photos please????? :D

Jen & Monts                    
Jen & Monty xx

Offline Tricialane

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2003, 06:44:44 PM »
Welcome to COL.

Hope that you will find it as useful as I have done.

I'd also love to see a picture of Benji (great name)

Tricia                    
Tricia

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
Hello
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 07:03:36 PM »
Hi there, welcome aboard.

Sounds like Benji has all he needs to make him happy right now - and well done on getting his weight down  ;)                    

Offline tracey

• Site Member
    • http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk
Hello
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 07:25:59 PM »
Welcome aboard, Sounds like Benji has landed on his feet ;)
How could someone feed a dog to death >:( Poor mite. Some people >:(
Hope You find the site useful.
Tracey :)                    
http://www.quintaviacockerspaniels.co.uk

Love All
Trust A Few
Do Wrong To None
William Shakespeare

Offline Lea

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 07:47:11 PM »
Welcome, I am new here to. I am looking for a cocker at the moment, but have a Rottie cross already!!!!!
How can anyone do that to a dog?????  :o
Nice to hear he is well looked after now
 ;D
Lea :)                    

Offline Christine

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2003, 10:02:07 PM »
Hello Hello Hello :D

How cruel can be people be, that makes me so angry >:(  poor little chap, so pleased he is in a good home now though ;)

PICTURES, PICTURES, PICTURES                    
Jaspers mummy :)

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Hello
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2003, 08:08:05 AM »
Welcome on board ;D if you'll excuse the pun ;D I had to re-read your message at first - I couldn't believe a cocker could get to 5 stone. It's amazing he lived to get there. That's about 2 and a half times what a cocker should weigh. So glad you mamaged to resuce him and that he's now on the right road.

Now he's a more slimline model he'll be bursting with new found energy although he may need reminding that he's got it;D Cockers love to be outside sniffing around and running about. Inside, they love mental games and then lots of cuddles. Try giving him a Kong stuffed with suitable food that won't break his diet. You'll find that will also help with maintaining his weight as he'll have to work for the food and get it slowly. ;D A Buster Cube or treat ball is also worthwhile looking at. They taked the dry kibble and by rolling it around the dog releases bits of kibble. Can keep a dog amused for ages.

Good luck with Benji and it would be great to see some pics - a before and after shot would be brill.                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2003, 09:55:56 AM »
Welcome  to col , and a big hi!! to Benji, I,m glad to hear he has found someone who will realy love him.  ;D Please send us some piccies of the little fella. :D                    
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline shaz

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2003, 08:30:15 PM »
hi, and welcome
i have never heard of someone feeding a dog to death, there are some wicked people in the world , but relieved to know that he is safe and sound  in a loving home. :)
shaz.                    
sharon  mellow,  harley , shayla and havana.
please visit my new web site
www.evanavacockerspaniels.moonfruit.com

Anonymous

Hello
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2003, 02:29:18 AM »
:DHi and welcome to COL  :o stunned at your post!!! >:( >:(  Some people, what more can I say.

Glad you found us, glad Benji and you found each other too ;D

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!!!  How did you manage to get him to lose all that weight? Looking for tips for me ;) Christmas is coming, and my little black dress is a little too little ;) ::)

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Sophie

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2003, 08:46:22 AM »
Welcome!!

What a strange thing for folks to do? Never heard of that before.  But a 5 Stone Cocker, now thats somthing!!  Would never have thought it possible.  Glad to hear that he is now to be well looked after and loved.

Would love to see a picture - Before and After perhaps?

Hope you enjoy your time with COL

Steve                    

Offline roy

• Site Member
Hello
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2003, 09:41:57 AM »
Welcome - to a smashing friendly site.  Roy                    

Offline Allison

• Site Member
    • http://
Hello
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2003, 08:18:17 PM »
Welcome to COL, thank god you rescued Benji                    
Allison, Neil & Sally.xxxxxxxxxx

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Hello
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2003, 08:50:17 AM »
Hello and welcome - 5 stones blimey. I bet you knew when he was sat on you ;) Well done with his weight. I bet he's a different dog ;D                    
Anita