Author Topic: Will we ever sleep again???  (Read 5662 times)

Offline gerry

• Site Member
Will we ever sleep again???
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2003, 09:47:29 PM »
OMG!!  He looks just like Rigsby!  And the behaviour at night sounds just like him too!

I agree with Pammy - if you want him to sleep in the kitchen you have to be strong and stick with it, providing your neighbours havent been round and smashed your windows!  We decided after about 10 days of constant howling to bring his crate upstairs at night, we put it in our bedroom and he was good as gold.  We then moved it out onto the landing and left our bedroom door open and he was fine.    Nowdays, as he no longer has the crate, we wake up and find him at the bottom of our bed :)  

Good luck, I hope Woody settles down soon - there's nothing quite like sleep depravation to drive you crazy. ;)                    

Offline Rae & Marty

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2003, 09:34:42 AM »
Some good news, Woody finally appears to be settling down a bit.  We have stopped trying to get him to sleep before we leave him in the kitchen, but we have resorted to giving him some biscuit instead.  This seems to be working, he crys and scratches for a while and then we hear no more until 6:00 or 6:30am (it might be the lack of sleep why we don't hear him, but we think he is learning).

Thanks again for all your advice and comments, I already have a list of other questions to ask soon.

Marty & Rae.                    

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2003, 09:55:19 AM »
Thats great - I'm glad things are settling down. By the way - he's got cute whiskers :)                    
Anita

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2003, 10:22:29 AM »
;DThats great news!! So pleased he seems to be settling down for you now :)

Fire away with your questions, someone always has the answers ;D

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Sophie

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2003, 07:38:11 AM »
Hi

Woody looks great and glad to hear that hes setteling down.  We had 2 pups, so double trouble! But they both soon realised that making a racket was not going to get them anywhere.

Stay with it, you will look back and wonder what all the fuss was about :o                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2003, 07:30:39 PM »
Good to hear that Woody has settled down.  Did anyone else, when their pup started sleeping through the night, wake up thinking   :o "OMG is he okay?" and have to go straight away to check he/she was still breathing?  I was a nervous wreck with Morgan for the first wee while!  ;D                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys