Author Topic: hiya  (Read 2781 times)

Offline slippybearz

• Site Member
hiya
« on: August 16, 2007, 11:34:52 AM »
hiya ,im  slippybearz  ive been owned  for well over 20 years now by various coloured cockers ,the latest being "spirit"  a 19 month old  white and black bitch,  all  have  been a great  natured fun girls  and have enritched  our lives in many ways  ,im 37 years old ,male and from scotland ,and at present also have four newfies  slippers ,seska,sequin ,scribble  youll have guessed that its a tradition  at slippybearz to have slightly quirky names beginning with the letter "s"  so thats me !!!!!!

Offline Heidi

• Site Member
Re: hiya
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 11:42:01 AM »
Welcome to COL slippybearz! :D I'm only new to the world of dog-ownership (our first one isn't arriving until tomorrow week).

I'm always in awe of people who have newfies - they're closer to bears, not dogs! :005: They are such handsome creatures - any pics?

Offline emilyjw

• Site Member
  • However crap the day cocker kisses aren't far away
    • Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 02:59:16 PM »
Pictures sound like a good idea  :luv:

Welcome to the site, I have Bracken a choccie roan cocker and Jasmine a lab cross...we name our female animals after plants and our male ones after mythological creatures. We currently have Hermes the cat and one day hope to get a male dog we can call Hector... It's nice having a theme.

Love the name Sequin,

Em x
Emily & the Jabracken fluffies - Bracken, Hermes and Jasminex

http://www.fourpawsanimalrescue.org.uk

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 03:02:49 PM »
Welcome to COL

pics are a must  ;)

where bouts in Scotland are you I'm up in Perthshire and am owned by Jock black lab and fern working cocker  ;)

Offline nikkij

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 03:48:16 PM »
Hi and welcome!  :D
Looking forward to some piccies, I am owned by Alfie a blue roan who is 11wks old today, we are completely besotted with him!
Nikki and Alfie X

Offline Aearoniel

• Site Member
  • Callie
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 05:03:47 PM »
Hi and Welcome to COL  :D

I have Callie (Calliope: the muse of Epic poetry) 11weeks old today too! She's a blue roan and very cuddlesome at the moment :D

Offline slippybearz

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 10:14:46 AM »
hiya all thanks for the welcome !!!! once i work out how to post pics  i will !!!!(bit of a technophobe !!!!) just got a new pc so its a battle of wills at the moment, we live  near glasgow airport  in a lovely little village surrounded by fields ,ideal for the girls  to run around in  and swim till there hearts content !!!! glad you like the name sequin  (emilyjw)she was named in homage of our  orange and white cocker sparkle  who with her  adopted sister splash ,was our constant companion for over 14 years  so sequin was named after something sparkly  as a tribute to one of the greatest dogs ever ,spirit who we have now  is sparkles great niece on her mothers side and splashes great  niece on her fathers  so doubly precious to us

Offline loujo

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 10:53:46 AM »
Hi and welcome to COL.

I'm owned by 2 blue roan show type cocker spaniels, Robbie who is 6 years old and his son Alfie who is 2 years old.

The breeder of Alfie lives in a village near Glasgow airport - the village is called Kilbarchan.
Louise xxx
(and Robbie 10yrs old and Alfie 7yrs old)

Offline slippybearz

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 11:01:08 AM »
hiya loujo , and thanks for the welcome !!!  i know kilbarchan well  its not that far away  from me  (spirits  a show type white and black from  a tricolour to blue roan mating  we got her from elgin )

Offline cadbury

• Site Member
  • My wonderful Family oh and me
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 12:13:00 PM »
Hi to you love all the names  :luv: I like weird names we have Baileybiggles Choc roan cocker 19mth Minstrel black and white springer
11yrs young and Merlin the 17 yr cat bibberty and bobberty the fish we did have boo but sadly she as gone to the big fish pond in the sky the guinea pigs treacle and snowflake and the tropical fish oh and iggy the iguana welcome to your bunch :005:
My son thinks your dogs are bears too he saw two last week in the back of a car and wouldn't believe they were dogs
friendly Giants they are :luv:

Hi from ANN,Bailey, Minstrel and Merlin the cat.
My animals are the light through dark days
Update.... Bailey died yesterday age 14 .. Minstrel 8yrs ago age 17
Merlin 10 yrs ago age 17
I have now Ellaween age 7 and Willow age 2 both working type cockers Ella black and Tan and Willow choc n Tan.

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 12:52:43 PM »
Hi,

Welcome to COL.  We have Sam who is 6 months old.

We are also not too far away from you, just over the erskine bridge!!
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline slippybearz

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 01:27:41 PM »
hiya cadbury ,yup the newfs are very easily mistaken for bears !!! specially the brown ones !! weve travelled most of britain and ireland showing the newfs and the looks you get are priceless specially at  service stations ,its amazing seeing two newfs at the back of a car lookin out  at you !!!!  hiya jensam  your really not far away from us at all   im just 3miles from the bridge  pleased to hear from a local ,  slippybearz

Offline slippybearz

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 02:31:22 PM »
hiya people have put a piccy of spirit in the particolours section  hope you like !!!! when i can find one  or get all of the team together ill take a group shot and post it    slippybearz

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 03:51:29 PM »
Welcome to COL  :D
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 01:45:48 AM »
Hi and welcome to COL  :D

Your dogs sound fab, I love their names. I live in West Lothian so you'll have to try to make it to one of our Scottish meet ups, I'd love to meet your newfies, and Spirit of course!  :D :luv:

I have 3 working cockers, Alfie is my 19 month old blue roan, Tilly my almost 3 year old solid liver and Rodaidh my 8 month old solid golden.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/