Author Topic: WE'RE NEW AND WAS WONDERING!!!!!  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Jeeves

• Site Member
  • Mrs Bridges - International Love Goddess!
Re: WE'RE NEW AND WAS WONDERING!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 11:36:36 AM »
Don't forget, there are lots of needy rescue cockers out there too!! ;)
Parker, Mrs Bridges, Ronald and Jeeves (my Little Bear, no longer with us) and Nicky (that's me!)

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 01:43:26 AM »
Hi and welcome to COL  :D

Good luck with your puppy search, I wouldn't get too hung up on colour, the most important thing is to find a good reputable breeder who does all the relevant health tests and carefully chooses which dogs match best for breeding.

I have 3 working cockers, Alfie is my 19 month old blue roan, Tilly my almost 3 year old solid liver and Rodaidh my 8 month old solid golden. Out of those 3 Alfie the blue roan is by far the most energetic, he's like a whirlwind  :shades:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 07:29:01 AM »
Hi and welcome, 2 roans here, energy wise the blue is a nutcase but there is 1/4 worker in the blood, the orange is more laid back. Also have two children (nearly 12 & 13).

Historically there has been bad publicity for some solid colours but I would think the breeding and suitability of the parents to be bred from have far more bearing than what colour they are.

We are looking for another at the moment and will look at any colour, it will be the ability to fit into the family that has the biggest importance, but if she happened to be a choccy roan that would be nice (dreaming away to self...)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie