Author Topic: Jess is unwell  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
Jess is unwell
« on: November 05, 2003, 09:15:14 PM »
Hi, all,

Don't think Jess is very well this evening. she's 12 weeks gold bitch puppy.  She seems very sleepy and not really responsive.  She also seems quite hot but I havn't a clue how to take her temperature or what it should be normally.

She's only had 1 poo today and it was same as normal.  I'm a new owner so don't really know what to do for the best ???
Should I call my vet do you think or could it be just teething.  She has eaten all her meals today just the same as normal but she is very very subdued and really sleepy.
Can anyone give me any advice, feeling very worried at the mo as all new to me :-
Linda and Jess                    
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Jess is unwell
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 09:19:42 PM »
Hi Linda

Jess might be a bit unsettled with the fireworks ::)  I am having trouble with Indie this evening too.  The only advise I can give you is to make sure she has plenty of water and just keep an eye on her, puppies do go through very sleepie stages at times, but if you are atall worried then I would speak to your vet in the morning :)

Hope she is feeling more herself soon

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Gilly

• Inactive
    • Glowstar Cocker Spaniels
Jess is unwell
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 09:25:55 PM »
Hiya,

Didn't Jess have her innoculations today??? If so it could be a slight reaction, much the same as a baby would have with jags  ;) Like Emma says make sure she's got plenty to drink and if you fell concerned in the morning give the vet a call  :)

Gilly                    

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
Jess is unwell
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 09:44:18 PM »
Hi Gill,

No, she's due for her vacc tomorrow.  I will ring vet in morning is she is still the same.  She is so quiet and really really sleepy.  Fireworks are not bothering her that much I don't think but she seems very very hot.  I have turned heating off and i noticed earlier today she was shivering in her basket.  She never shivers only trembles when she's out walking with me (in my arms of course)

I did take her up to my mums house this morning about 12 where she had a 20 minute mad session with her sister Abby and Boy did they go for it!!!  They play very very roughly indeed.  In fact I had to step in and separate them in the end because things were not just playing they were nasty. (in my inexperienced eyes anyway).

I wonder if this is why she's so unresponsive.  It's like she hasn't even got the energy to come out of her basket.  I've only had her 4 weeks but never seen her so listless :-
Sorry to go on but really worried ???

Will let u know how she is in morning.  
Ta for such speedy replies, it means a lot when u r so green to doggy life and illnesses

Linda xxx                    
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Jess is unwell
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 10:19:20 AM »
Hi Linda

Hows Jess this morning?  

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
Jess is unwell
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 11:33:13 AM »
Hi, Emma,
Jess is much better this morning.  Took her to the vet for her last vacc and he took her temperature just in case.  He said she is fine and spot on so she had her jab as well. ;D  

So glad to hear Indie is back to her usual self this morning too, ;D  Just came in and read up on the posts.  This COL is so addictive isn't it?  Anyway, thanks for asking Em, it really means a lot to know that other people share your concerns especially when your dog or pup is not their happy usual self.  They are such a worry eh.  But much more fun than trouble don't you agree ;D

Speak to you soon
hugs and licks from Linda and Jess                    
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Jess is unwell
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 12:00:14 PM »
;DThats great news Linda ;D  So glad all is well and that shes had her jab too!!  Just be aware Linda she MAY feel a little under par after her jabs, probably a bit sleepy :)

Your right COL can be addictive ;D  

Indie says backacha to Jess :-* 8)

Em and Indie                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
Jess is unwell
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 06:12:53 PM »
Hi Linda & Jess

Welcome onboard :D :D

It sounds like little Jess was just over tired with her tearing around with her sister :D :D

Us mothers are worry warts aren't we  ::)                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline Mary

• Global Moderator
Jess is unwell
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 10:49:33 PM »
Oh dear...seems to be an abundance of poorly pups recently ???  Glad she's back to normal now ;)                    
Mary & Lottie x

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Jess is unwell
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2003, 06:53:04 PM »
Hi Linda,
I'm glad that Jess is back to normal. It is understandable that you get worried when she acts differently but puppies are up and down very quickly.  ::)
Don't worry about the rough play with her litter sister - that is normal too  ;D                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Jess is unwell
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2003, 07:08:46 PM »
Glad Jess is back to normal - such a worry these fluff balls                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional