Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 2416 times)

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
    • Facebook page: A Spaniel's Tail
Hello!
« on: August 27, 2007, 08:26:29 PM »
Hi - I have been lurking around these boards for a while, and thought I would post a quick introduction.

I guess you would call me a "Wannabee Cocker Owner" - I can't have one right now, as I am a single girl working full-time, and cannot afford for the time being the necessary care to cover me when I am at work.  In a couple of years, it will no longer be a problem, and maybe I will be able to start thinking about that then.  But it seems an awfully long way away!  Unless of course, my friend and I have set up the Doggie Daycare Centre that we keep talking wistfully about . . .  ;)  Or I meet that rich man that lets me give up work full time and surround myself with cocker kisses   :luv:

But thought I should say hello anyway and tell you all how much I enjoy reading about your beautiful, cheeky, waggy (and sometimes devilish naughty  >:D) pups!  I love researching as well, so have already started clueing myself up on breeder selection, puppy selection, BARF and other diets, crate training, obedience training, how to wash a muddy cocker, etc. etc.  . . .  :lol:  Well, at least when that far off day finally comes, I will be well-prepared!

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 08:31:38 PM »
Hello and welcome! Like you I'm cockerless, I hope to be able to have one when I give up work next year.

In the meantime , again like you I'm getting as much information as I can, ready for the time when I can put my plans into action. Good Luck with your plans too !! (Doggy day-care sounds good ;) )
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 08:32:56 PM »
Welcome to COL. Hope you find your rich man soon  :lol:  One thing you will be very well prepared for when you finally get your little bundle of mischief. Until then you can share ours.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 08:35:46 PM »
Welcome to COL. Hope you find your rich man soon  :lol:  One thing you will be very well prepared for when you finally get your little bundle of mischief. Until then you can share ours.

That's kind of you  :lol:.  I have a colleague with a cocker boy and I keep telling him that I would be happy to take care of him over the weekend if they are away . . .   Anyone esle need a weekend carer in London?!   :005:

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 08:48:35 PM »
Welcome! I hope we are able to provide your daily cocker fixes.  :D

Offline Teisen_bach

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 08:59:35 PM »
Hello and welcome.

Id like to say i have a huge amount of respect your you......so many people nowadays think its okay to just go out and get a dog if they want one.....they tend to worry about the consequences later....its so nice to read about people actually waiting until the time is right  :angel:

Hope you continue to enjoy sharing our little fluff balls  :luv: :)
Hugs from Jue & Teisen bach xx

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 09:08:42 PM »
Id like to say i have a huge amount of respect your you......so many people nowadays think its okay to just go out and get a dog if they want one.....they tend to worry about the consequences later....its so nice to read about people actually waiting until the time is right  :angel:

Thank you Teisen_bach - it doesn't even come into question.  The way I see it, people wouldn't leave children or babies on their own all day, so why should it be acceptable for puppies or dogs?  If I have to work full-time (which is a sad fact of life!!), then I have to be able to provide full time care while FuturePup is a baby, and a dogwalker for when he/she is grown up.   Or I find a job that is dog friendly, but no mean task in London . . .  :005:  I have been brought up with various pets (cats and dogs), and am very aware that pet responsibility is no light burden. 

Especially when they insist on lying on top of you . . .  :lol:

Offline Albert Tatlock

• Site Member
  • Ttthhhrrrrrrppppp!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 09:39:09 PM »
Hi airyfairy 76

Like you I have longed for the day I could have my own dog, and the day is Friday!! I can't wait, the ticker is getting closer!

Both myself and my boyfriend work full time but fortunately his Mum, who has her own dog and has seldom been dogless throughout her married life, has agreed to look after Cooper during the day.  She has had more than one dog at a time before and as she says, will be out dog walking anyway so one more wont hurt!!

I realise I am very lucky that she can do this for me otherwise there is no way I would even consider having a dog right now &, like you would be praying for a lotto win!! (wouldn't give up my boyfriend for a rich man, even if it was the only way I'd get to have a dog!!)

So if you don't get a rich man, get one with a dog loving Mum!!

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 09:45:46 PM »
So if you don't get a rich man, get one with a dog loving Mum!!

Not a bad idea SuperCooper - something else to bear in mind when searching for the ellusive perfect man . . .  :005:

And I'm not in the slightest bit envious that you are picking up your baby in just a few days.

Excuse me, I must go and paint my face pink again as it has turned an unattractive shade of green . . .  :lol:

Offline Albert Tatlock

• Site Member
  • Ttthhhrrrrrrppppp!
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 09:59:37 PM »
Am sure Cooper would like to have an Auntie airyfairy 76 that he can say hello to on here  :005:

Cazzie

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 10:26:47 PM »
Hi there  :blink:

When you find a rich man, make sure he has a brother for me  :lol:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 10:51:03 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL  :D

Like you, I'm a single gal who unfortunately has to work full time  ::)  but fortunately for me I can work from home some of the time and I can afford a dog walker for the rest.

I have 3 working cockers, Alfie is 19 months and blue roan, Tilly is almost 3 and is solid liver and golden boy Rodaidh is the baby at 8 months. I also have a foster labrador, Brook, staying with us at the moment so it's a pretty full house  :lol:  It's a shame you're not up here in Edinburgh cos you'd be welcome to come and help walk my lot any time!

Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline sabrino

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 08:12:55 AM »
Hiya and welcome!!  :D

I have Milo, working cocker puppy with a penchant for horse poo. Mmm yummy.

I'm another that works full time but I'm lukcy that I can get home everyday otherwise it just wouldn't have been possible! I hope you find your rich man/perfect cocker-friendly job soon! Your very good  :angel: but I know it's sooo horrid having to wait!
Sabrina, Milo & Lupin x

Offline airyfairy76

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 09:20:51 AM »
I have Milo, working cocker puppy with a penchant for horse poo. Mmm yummy.

I know you are only trying to put me off the little darlings for my own good, but it won't work . . .  :lol:

Besides, nothing comes close in repulsion factor to the little loves rolling in either something very dead, or the dreaded FOX POO!   >:D

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 09:43:10 AM »
You are right - fox poo is yukky.  >:(  Though Coco has recently taking to doing a sliding somersault in runny cowpats - you can get maximum poo on your fur that way you see  ;)  :005:

And the other night when my neice (not too used to dogs!)  came for supper and Coco raided the cat litter tray and ran into the sitting room with a poo in her mouth  ::)  :lol:
Julie and Watson