Author Topic: Indie still mouthing!  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Indie still mouthing!
« on: November 11, 2003, 01:52:03 PM »
Hi all

Indie is 6 and a half months old now.  She is still on occasions mouthing ::)  She doesn'y mean any malice however, it is very annoying as she can be sat on your knee having a cuddle, next thing is she grabs hold of your wrist and just holds it in her mouth :o  Generally she is still nipping at feet and hands etc etc but funnily she doesn't do it to the kids :D

I know she is definatley not viscious, is this still puppy play? or is it Indie trying to be boss??

I would appreciate some advise here, I am saying NO very firmly and trying to ignore the behaviour, but its not working ::)  I don't expect her to be perfect as I know she is still very young and probably at the terrible twos equivalent, but need to try and nip this in the bud if its a case of her being bossy ;)

Emma and Indie                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Indie still mouthing!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 02:55:59 PM »
Emma

It sounds like normal puppy mouthing. Have a look athe FAQ we have on the subject and go right back to basics with Indie. She might be a bit shocked but it's the only way :).

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewtopic . php?t=2016

hth                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Indie still mouthing!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 04:49:31 PM »
Thanx Pammy, haven't tried the "time out" for a while now ::) So I will start right away with that ;)  She is definately not being aggresive, I think she just gets overexcited and thinks thats the way she can tell me she wants to play :-

Will let you know her progress :)

Emma and Indie                    

Offline taliska

• Site Member
    • Our Family
Indie still mouthing!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2003, 01:42:16 PM »
Hi Emma Talis a bit younger than Indie hes just comming up to 6 months and he is still mouthing as well!  Its not as bad now he has his grown up teeth, and like wise I don't think its agreesion.  He gets so excited at things, that when it seems to come out and its mainly the wrist /had that get the attention.  I think hes just playing!.. We too are going to go back to the ignore phase. No and stop it seem to have lost the edge.

lets us know how you get on.

Sue                    
Sue, Steve
Twins Sam and Sophie
Cockers - Taliska & Jurra
Puddy Cats - Tigger, Frankie & Tino