Author Topic: Excitement peeing…  (Read 2684 times)

Offline astankovic

• Site Member
Excitement peeing…
« on: November 17, 2003, 04:41:42 AM »
Excitement peeing…

Ok, you people whose puppies are grown up now… please tell me this will stop soon.

Thomas is 5 months old and he pees whenever somebody comes home. If the group is bigger he has more pee… it’s just like he wants to make sure he greets everybody appropriately. Even though we make sure to take him out to relieve himself just minutes before guests come he still has plenty of it left…

Everybody seems to say it’s a puppy thing… but I also heard that Cockers are known for that problem even when they grow up… is that true?

Alex                    

Offline astankovic

• Site Member
Excitement peeing…
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 02:34:04 AM »
Hi,

Nobody answered to this question :( ... should I post it to the grown up cocker's category?

Glad to see the board back. I like the new design.

Alex                    

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Excitement peeing…
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 08:24:18 AM »
Hi Alex,

sorry I missed your post - in all the excitement of the boards being back up again others probably have too  :oops:

Check out this post in behaviour

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewt...opic.php?t=3189

Janes comment about 3 or 4 down should help you.
Millie has never expressed this behaviour, but I have always tried to say hello t Millie when she is calm, no mad bouncy hellos, she only gets my hello love when she's sat (albeit rarely quietly!) in front of me, and the minute I bend down to say hello she's rolled over for a belly rub!

Perhaps you should try to make "hellos" a bit calmer? it may help  :)

HTH

Kel                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Excitement peeing…
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 08:49:14 PM »
Alex,
In addition to Kelly's good suggestion to read a previous post, I would also suggest that you ask any visitors to completely ignore Thomas when they first enter the house. I know this will be difficult for them (and you) but if he is completely overawed by the situation he is bound to pee. Only when Thomas has settled can your visitors quietly greet him. Tall order I know but could be helpful in resolving this problem. Good luck!                    

Offline astankovic

• Site Member
Excitement peeing…
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 11:58:00 PM »
Thanks for your advice. I will definitely do that from now on.
Thomas is definitely now shy like the puppy in the post you referred me to. He runs around and jumps on everybody when they come in. He gets excited when he sees a person walking on the street and we are in the back yard. It seems as though he is always looking for attention (and he does get a lot of attention).

Anyway, I will make sure everybody ignores him until he calms down and hope this helps.

Thanks again,
Alex                    

Offline astankovic

• Site Member
Excitement peeing…
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 12:36:36 AM »
Well, we are trying to let everybody know to ignore him... but to ignore him is imposible!

He is fine now when we get home, but when we have guests... he just jumps on them like crazy... and of course pees all over.