Author Topic: scared of the rain!! help!  (Read 682 times)

Offline *sammy*

• Site Member
scared of the rain!! help!
« on: September 20, 2007, 07:38:38 AM »
sam really doesn't like the rain to the point i have to pick him up to take him out to the toilet. he won't go out with me calling him, when we're out he whines like mad and shakes. i think he's frightened :huh:.
he peed in the house yesterday 5 times :-\. now when i call him to go out he hides being the table :'( like he's afraid!!
this morning i come down half past 6, took him out he had a wee so we come back in, within 10 minutes he had pood >:D he hasn't pood in the house for weeks. i've started giving him treats when he does go out but i don't know what else i can do?
would walking him in the rain help, i just don't want him to hate it anymore than he already does!!

Offline kalami

• Site Member
Re: scared of the rain!! help!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 11:30:50 AM »
I walk Bella in the rain (12 1/2 weeks) at first she didn't like it - but she's got to get used to it. I even drag (not literally) her through large puddles on purpose.
During the day she'll go wee in the rain but first thing in the morning either me or hubby has to stand in the rain with her (wellies and dressing gown so fetching  :005:).

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 12:53:30 PM »
in the morning either me or hubby has to stand in the rain with her (wellies and dressing gown so fetching  :005:).

:o :o Just house coat and wellies  :o :o Now you must catch up with the neighbours and remember the brolly too  :005: :005:

Offline Potter

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 03:42:30 PM »
Daisy doesn't like the rain either (who does?), so (now don't laugh, it went entirely against all my principles too) ::) but I bought her a waxed Barbour type dog coat...... I know, I know, must be bonkers, they saw me coming, etc., etc.,  heard it all from OH upon arriving home with it.

HOWEVER, she WILL go out in the rain more readily with her coat on.  Without it, we're dragging her every step of the way and in danger of the RSPCA being called out to us. :005:  And it's a lot less to dry when you get home, just legs and ears!  Worth a try?

Sadly, she's growing all the time and it's now half way up her waist, so the rear end sticks out.  Not a pretty sight.  ph34r  Time for another shopping spree I guess..... now, where did OH put his credit card.  Ah yes, there we are!   Let's go Daisy!  :005:

Kay
-x-