Author Topic: Make the most of now  (Read 7796 times)

Offline wales07

• Site Member
  • Honey - rest in peace my precious
Re: Make the most of now
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 12:27:15 PM »
Hi Dave and welcome.Your story moved me to tears.We lost our yellow labrador in feb but she was 13 and had been really showing her age.We were devasted(and still are) but you expect these things when they reach old age.what happened to you was so unexpected and must have been such a shock.Good luck with your new addition.I found having another really helped me.We picked up our Tess(black and white cocker) just 2 weeks after our loss and she lifted everyones spirits as soon as she walked through the door.we then started to remember all the good times in stead of dwelling on how much we missed Bess.
When my girl had to be put to sleep (she developed leukemia) i was so distraught that i actually said that i wanted to rehome all my dogs as i couldnt bear to watch them go too.I really would rather see them go to new homes then when they were fit and healthy.Drastic i know but grief does funny things to you...any way our vet turned to me and said IT IS BETTER TO HAVE LOVED AND LOST THAN NEVER TO HAVE LOVED AT ALL.   those few words meant an awful lot and brought me to my senses.
cant wait to see some pics of your new addition.

Offline Bev_M

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 12:36:38 PM »

Hi and welcome

I lost my 8yr old cocker Piper so suddenly in August - took poorly at 2.30am and died at 9.50am, it was such a shock and I was distraught.

We got my new pup Hamish 2 weeks ago and he is such a little darling. Although he has not taken the place of my poor Piper, he has helped heal the wounds and been able to offer my children a bit of hope at such an awful time.

Glad you have a new addition, can't wait to see pictures

Offline Nuffi

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 03:32:31 PM »
This is one of those posts that affect me for hours after reading them. What a horrible and sad story. I so feel for you. The comforting thing about COL is that you will find people here that actually understand how much one can love, and grieve for, a dog - or any pet, for that matter.

I am sure your new pup will give you a lot of new happiness and fun. I already look forward to hearing your stories and seeing some pics in the future!

Veronika, with Jerry & Bonnie

Offline Chellejm

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 04:38:15 PM »
Aw that's is so, so sad :'(
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Meg.
Welcome to COL hope you new addition will help to fill the void in you life x x
The Herbster!!

Offline Joelf

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 04:46:31 PM »
Welcome to COL, Dave; I felt so choked reading your very sad post & was so sorry about Meg. :'(

I do hope you will be able to recover from your loss & that your puppy will help to fill the gap left by Meg a little.xx

Jo, Domino (cocker) & Spike (black lab.)

Offline *Theresa*

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 04:54:32 PM »
Im am typing through a sea of tears  :'(

So sorry you lost your darling Meg and I hope your new forever friend helps with the healing  :luv:
Theresa, Dave, Glen and Sally (or their aliases Gwendoline and Scallywag)

Offline Potter

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 05:18:43 PM »
Hi Dave

Welcome to COL and I'm so sorry that your first posting is so sad.  I can only say how sorry I am to hear of such a dreadful thing to happen to Meg.  I agree, we should all treasure each and every day with our little bundles of fluff. 

I hope you will keep in touch with us from now on and let's hope in the future we hear from you with much happier stories.

God bless

Kay
-x-

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 05:22:43 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL :D. Glad you have come to join in.

Another one here with a lump in my throat and leaky eyes. I think we have all put ourselves in your place when reading about Meg. Cockers are so adept at getting under your skin, losing them at any age is like having an arm ripped off. To lose Meg so suddenly at such a young age is simply tragic, but they are only lent to us anyway, we never know how long for. Run free at the bridge Meg.

Speaking from experience, the Meg shaped hole in your heart will have it's sharp edges softened by your new arrival. Now you're properly here, you're going to have to post pictures as soon as.... ;)
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline bonnie blue

• Site Member
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 05:39:02 PM »
Oh my love what a sad sad tale of a much loved little girl its heartbreaking ~we lost our 16 yr old lab nearly 2 years ago and it still hurts but Maisie brought new life into our house and she healed a bit of our hearts as your new little one will for you .We get so attached ~its a special relationship between man and dog.Wishing you lots of love and good times ahead.Run free at the bridge sweet Meg best wishes Bonnie blue x
Owned by Molly and Poppy and never ever forgetting Maisie at the bridge x

Offline Meganmaid

• Site Member
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 06:36:52 PM »
Well I hadn't expected that!
What a lovley bunch of people you all are!
Thankyou so much for all your kind words. They are of great comfort.
Hopefully I will do this correctly and you will see the photos of our as yet unnamed friend.

Thankyou all again
Dave

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 06:41:23 PM »
well come on Dave!  Boy or girl, show or working and I'm thinking your pup is liver but I need confirmation..

so more answers please (and a big awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  :luv: :luv: :luv: and a huge amount of puppy envy from me!)

helen & jarvis x

Offline helen1

• Site Member
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 06:44:43 PM »
Aw what a sad post but with such a lovely photo from Dave.  Adorable puppy and the photo made my heart melt.

So sorry about Meg you sounded like you both adored one another. 

I hope your new puppy brings alot of joy and comfort to you.  Have you thought of a name yet?
Loves my family and dog Bailey more than life its self

Offline Meganmaid

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 06:49:29 PM »
Sorry! brains not in gear at the mo.
She is a working cocker and is chocolate rather than liver, though I believe that may be open to debate. Meg was liver and white and the brown is definatley more of a chocolate on this one.

The only name we are thinking of is sophie but we would welcome any suggestions.
Dave

Offline GailyK81

• Donator
  • My Beautiful boy Shadow
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 06:51:52 PM »
Oh Dave how adorable your new puppy is he looks right at home in your arms there.

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2007, 06:52:11 PM »
AWWWWWWW  :luv: :luv: :luv:
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories