Author Topic: Make the most of now  (Read 7797 times)

Offline GailyK81

• Donator
  • My Beautiful boy Shadow
Re: Make the most of now
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 06:54:30 PM »
How bout BUTTON as in choclate LOL

Offline Nuffi

• Site Member
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 07:10:31 PM »
Oh, she is  :luv: :luv: :luv: !! How many more days until Saturday...?? :lol:  I think Sophie is a great name, by the way.
Veronika, with Jerry & Bonnie

Offline Boof

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 07:30:32 PM »
Welcome.

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, but pleased to hear your good puppy news.  :luv:

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 09:19:39 PM »
So sorry to hear your sad news about Meg - you must have felt devastated  :'( :'(

Your new baby is just adorable though - I am sure she will bring lots of love and laughter with her.  :luv: :luv:

I like the name Button too  ;)  My choccy girl is called Cocobean Sugarpuff !  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 09:26:10 PM »
Welcome to COL Dave, I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your lovely Meg  :'( :'(

Your new little bundle looks lovely though and I am sure she will find her own special place in your heart before long  :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 09:51:13 PM »
awwwwwww......gorgeous (i remember when i had a tiny brown pup, 2 years ago now - they have flown!)

Sophie is a lovely name ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline Teisen_bach

• Site Member
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 09:57:54 PM »
Ooh im so sorry for your loss, i lost my last dog at only 1 year old just over a month ago...my pup Teisen is begging to help my family heal and i hope your new baby does the same for you and yours.

Hugs from Jue & Teisen bach xx

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 10:01:07 PM »
Oh how sad  :'( so sorry to hear about poor Meg (((hug)))

Your new baby looks gorgeous  :luv: and I'm sure you will luv her just as much but in a different way  ;) Meg will always be in your heart x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"

Offline ruby ruby doo

• Site Member
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 10:14:12 PM »
Aw! Dave now you 've gone and made a load of grown women cry!! :005:  We is a right bunch of softies!!  :shades:  As a new cocker owner.. I can 't believe how SMITTEN ;)  iv become...even the silly baby voice!!!  So everyone has felt so touched at your loss!! Hey..but wiping those tears aside...that picture of you both sums it up! There seems to be a glint of knowing trust in that pups eyes...You have obviously got a lot of love to give her...when the sadness fades you will remember the good times...and cherish even more the bond you will have with her!!
As for names ..you know what..we love thinking of names...give us the description and put a post up.. and you will have more suggestions than you know what to do with!! I like to name my family after songs! So this time my choccie girl got named ruby altho her official is choc ice! Choc bar names are good of course....wispa...crunchie...  iyswim           :lol:    wishing you much joy with your little sweetheart...let us know how you get on!!!
jo & ruby =)

Offline CraftySam

• Site Member
  • Max, Morgan, Sapphi
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 10:58:34 PM »
Another grown woman crying here too first with immense saddness  :'( and then with a melting heart when I saw that last picture.  :luv:

I cannot even begin to imagine your heartbreak when Meg died. I do believe that she will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.

Your new little bundle is gorgeous, and I can't wait to see lots of pics once she comes home.

Sam is mum to - Sapphi (working black Lab 5 1/2 yrs), Max (Golden Retriever 4 yrs) Morgan (American Cocker 2 1/2yrs) and mum in spirit to Barney (English Cocker 3 1/2 yrs now living in Scotland)

Offline brumbie

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2007, 09:56:19 AM »
Oh Dave,
I think all of us who have loved or love a dog can appreciate how you must be feeling.
I have a Golden Working Cocker called Mily. She's 17 weeks and somehow has managed to get right into my heart. We also have a Border Terrier called Scamp. He's five and I love him to bits. But, what is it about Cockers? Mily somehow has made me feel such deep love for her. She's so pretty but a gorgeous personality too. She's mischevious and knows how to use her femenine ways to make us completely besotted!
I know this may seem nothing to do with your post, but I had a horse called Bess. She was the love of my life and gave me so much confidence. I had her for six short but wonderful months, then had to have her put to sleep. I was devastated. On the day we said goodbye, I plaited her tail and put pink carnations in it meaning 'I'll never forget you' and red roses for 'I love you'. She was put to sleep by injection and passed away lying amongst the buttercups and daisies. She has been dead for two years and I still miss her so much.
I now have another horse whom I love deeply, but she will never replace Bess or make me forget her.
You will feel the same about Meg. You will love your new puppy to bits and hopefully have an equally good relationship with her/him. But, at least you have your memories of Meg in your heart, as I do Bess, and they can never be taken from you. I am just thankful that I had Bess as she was so wonderful.
Enjoy your new Puppy. 

Offline Coco

• Site Member
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2007, 01:45:54 PM »
Oh, she is just beautiful. She looks like she is already looking at you saying 'What next Dad, what we doing?"

I think Sophie is a lovely name, suits her well. If you like the kind of 'human' names how about;
Lilly, Betty, Bonnie, Lucy, Polly, Millie, Tilly, Poppy, Penny, Ella (which is 'come to me' in Greek), Saffy, Tara, Bella, Izzy, Mable, Maive, Evie etc etc
Or my personal faves; Norma-Jean and Julie Andrews   :D
There are no bad dogs, just bad people
Vicky, Wherry and Gizzymo

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2007, 03:02:31 PM »
Hi and welcome Dave and new pup!
What a sad story yours is, I dont know how I would cope if I lost Maudie. I hope that your new pup heals your broken heart.
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2007, 03:24:24 PM »
Hi Dave,

Welcome to COL. 

Your story brought tears to my eyes.  So sorry you lost Meg so young.

Jen

Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline Abby

• Site Member
    • Pub Dog Days
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2007, 06:20:11 PM »
I'm so glad I read this through. Even though you have seen so much sadness I am sure that Sophie (love the name, hope you choose it) will bring some doggie joy into your lives again  :luv:

I'm sure Meg will be watching over you all as you heal  :angel:
Abby, Clive n Dylan