Author Topic: where to buy a new puppy  (Read 2433 times)

Offline adie

• Site Member
where to buy a new puppy
« on: December 03, 2003, 11:23:42 AM »
hi to you all i want to start by saying what a wanderfull site this is . it has ansawered so many questions for me.i never realized how many people were involved in question and ansaw type conversation on these great pets. my question to you is . where can i get a cocker spaniel from.i have looked in to the one and only pure breeder that lives in my area.which is ongoing may i say. but surly there are more out there. many thanxs.                    

Offline Dessie

• Site Member
  • Marvin, Oliver & Douglas
    • Derrindee Spaniels
where to buy a new puppy
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 11:51:32 AM »
Hi Adie

Your best bet is to contact your nearest Breed Club Secretary http://www.thecockerspanielclub.co.uk/breedclubs.htm he/she will be able to point you in the right direction for a Puppy from a Reputable Breeder.  Be prepared to wait and make lots of phone calls.

HTH                    
Dessie, Douglas, Marvin & Oliver (ESS)(The Guernsey Crew) :D :D

Derrindee Spaniels
Guernsey, Channel Islands

Offline PennyB

where to buy a new puppy
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 12:46:54 PM »
Sometimes you have to travel to get the right dog. When I got my two I was only one of two who lived in the area (South Wales) and both my dogs were from large litters (Ruby was one of eight and Wilf one of nine)!                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Mike

• Retired!
  • Site Member
where to buy a new puppy
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 02:02:04 PM »
Just in case you havent already, please read our guide on how to tell if the breeders you contact are reputable - or not:

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/forum/viewt...opic.php?t=2019

There are lots more excellent tips in our Frequently Asked Questions section to help prepare for when your pup arrives. Good luck with the search  :D                    

Offline english.springer

• Site Member
    • http://www.cropsafe.co.uk
where to buy a new puppy
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 08:04:15 PM »
Hi adie

Glad you posted on the board and see you have had great advice from other members.
Personally I think you have think what sort of cocker you want!  :? Sounds a strange statment I know but you ask a breeder of a show cocker compared to a breeder of working cockers what the dogs are like you will have 2 completely different answers and sometimes build and look. breeding over the years have shaped the dogs into the ideal dog for the job either show work or pet. I'm not saying one or the other won't do just some breeders try to get particular traits in the breeding, best thing to do from my opinion is ask around use the info on this board as it is priceless.
Oh don't rush your decision he/she will be with you for along time to come.

good luck in your search :D

ian                    
Good birds on the day are only as good as the dogs that put them there!.........If it\'s still moving send the dog!