Author Topic: How do you "pick" a puppy?  (Read 5739 times)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
How do you "pick" a puppy?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2004, 07:54:51 PM »
You lucky thing, Kelly.  I'm so jealous!  Tell me where you got your magical convincing skills from, 'cos I'm of to get some right now  :?   Eric still not 100% convinced that it's the right time for us.  
Have fun.

Shirley                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline cindere528

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2004, 09:51:06 PM »
It's intersting that so many of you say go with your gut feeling.  That's just what I was going to say.  My first cocker was chosen at the age of 5 days.  My second was just 4 days old when we first met him.  Although I had the pick of the litter with both of them, I made my choice when they were VERY young.  The breeders in both cases said that they wouldn't hold me to my choice if I changed my mind when they were nearer to the magical age of 8 weeks (home time!) but I stuck with my first instincts & was very pleased to have done so.  As I said, I met my puppies when they were extremely young, then went to visit at least once a week until it was time to bring them home.  I think that helped them to settle in at home as well.  Neither of them were ever any trouble, it was a delight to be owned by them.  

My current cocker was acquired at the age of 6 months (no choice to make), but it was love at first sight.                    

Offline Lindaphills

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2004, 01:27:02 PM »
Hi Kelly,
I am so jealous.  Are you having another little girl or a little chap this time?                    
Linda, Jess and baby Jimmy
   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2004, 10:08:04 PM »
Hi !

Another girlie, and probably a blue roan again - unless on the 1 million to 1 chance that the bitch happens to throw out a choc roan bitch!  :wink: which probably won't happen, so a blueroan it is!   :D                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk