Author Topic: Mad 1/2 hour  (Read 3294 times)

Offline Barney

• Site Member
  • need fringe trim
Mad 1/2 hour
« on: January 13, 2004, 01:30:37 PM »
Hi
Just noticing that when Barney has his mad 1/2 hour  - we can't really touch him... so when he is tearing past us from his bed to sofa at 100 mph... we have to completely leave him as he tends to growl if we interfere... is this normal??

thanks! :?                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Mad 1/2 hour
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 02:02:21 PM »
Hi
Just noticing that when Barney has his mad 1/2 hour  - we can't really touch him... so when he is tearing past us from his bed to sofa at 100 mph... we have to completely leave him as he tends to growl if we interfere... is this normal??

very - and best not to get in the way either - just look at the expression on his as he's tearing around - he'll be loving every second. They often have a pretty set time each day when they do this and also a set route. Not all dogs do it, they often grow out of it but some don't. All variations are normal. :D                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Mad 1/2 hour
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 02:14:19 PM »
:D Aww Barney is beatiful!!!

Indie whos almost 9 months, still has these mad half hours, with the growling bit, she sounds quite ferocious when shes doing it, but thankfuly she is just playin :lol:  Sounds normal to me too!! Goodness knows what they are chasing in their imaginations though :?                    

Offline Barney

• Site Member
  • need fringe trim
Mad 1/2 hour
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 02:18:27 PM »
thanks Mrs B! Good to see you have same experiences!                    

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
Mad 1/2 hour
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 07:25:34 PM »
Don't worry most puppies have a mad half hour!!!  It is funny to watch them isn't it?  Happy Days!!                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline Katina

• Site Member
    • Kennel Pretty Flower's
Mad 1/2 hour
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2004, 10:52:31 AM »
Sounds like a cockerpuppy to mee  :D!
I must be a really cruel mum  :wink:, but my lot are not aloud to have their mad 1/2 hours inside the house. They are also not aloud to growl at me for any reason. Of course puppies are puppies, but when having their "mad fits", my lot get thrown to the garden or if it's bad weather they just get told off  :lol:. And if they growl at me they will definately get told off, big time.                    
There's only one, -but that one is a lion

Offline shonajoy

• Site Member
Mad 1/2 hour
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2004, 11:01:57 AM »
Hi

Well, I have a 13 week old orange boy, who does exactly the same, so I hope so!
It's mostly when he's done a poo, he goes crazy!

Shona                    
Shona, Indie(5) and Hamish (4)