Author Topic: samsung phone and laptop problem  (Read 871 times)

Offline blueroangirl

• Site Member
  • R.I.P Sweep 21.2.2004-7.12.2013
samsung phone and laptop problem
« on: December 26, 2007, 03:54:08 PM »
Daughter has had toshiba laptop from Santa. She has a samsung phone and wants to be able to transfer media files from  the phone to the laptop. However, when she tries to install the disc the message comes up the operating system is not supported. It works on our desktop - is it because her laptop is vista and if so is there anything we can do? ~Thanks.

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Re: samsung phone and laptop problem
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
Go to the phone website and try and download the apt software for Vista from there. It's not uncommon, Vista is not supported by a lot of peripherals and software yet  :-\ But many manufaturers are supplying complativble software via their websites.

hth
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline blueroangirl

• Site Member
  • R.I.P Sweep 21.2.2004-7.12.2013
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 05:03:05 PM »
Thanks Pammy you are a star. Have done as you suggested and fingers crossed its working now! Next question! Daughter wants me to copy the tunes she has bought from itunes which are on our desktop so she has them on her lappy. She isn't on the internet yet either yet thats a job for after xmas!!

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 05:12:52 PM »
She needs a package called Music Rescue - that will retrieve the music from her iPod and install it to her lap top. She does that before installing itunes or it will wipe the iPod.
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional