Author Topic: Hello I'm Bentley and I'm a 6 month old choc roan ....  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
Re: Hello I'm Bentley and I'm a 6 month old choc roan ....
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 10:44:58 PM »
Hi, not yet but we will do.   Have just been taking her about the lake where we live in Hampton as she doesn't go out for long yet.   Will be doing the Ferry Meadows soon though.   I've heard there can be some nutty dogs there so didn't want to scare her by meeting unfriendly ones whilst shes still young.   Have you come across any?

We take Bentley into the big fields on the left from the pub car park - not round by the lakes where most people go.  However I guess there will be owners who don't teach their dogs manners and unfortunately you have to sort of develop a radar and bring your dog to heel and make it a game so as not to worry her and realise that she is being protected!!  if that makes sense!

Yes its the same everywhere really, the lady who got attacked by a bull mastiff last summer is still in my mind as we always go over there with the children anyway.   Just one of those things really, its a country park and you get dogs, you just hope that owners have their dogs under control if they are likely to attack.  Never used to take much notice of other dogs before I got Indie but having a dog is a magnet for other dogs to approach whether you want them to or not I've found out.   Enjoy your walks at Ferry Meadows, we'll probably see you over there in a few months or over the summer.   I'll keep a look out for your gorgeous Bentley  :luv:

Offline Gini

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 06:46:47 AM »
Hello and welcome to COL

I have 2 yr old golden Willow and 5 month old liver/chocky roan Bracken.

Look forward to more Choc roan photos, please?  :luv:

Gini

Offline tillydog

• Site Member
  • Rommel & Lady
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2008, 06:51:56 AM »
Hi I'm Lady and I'm 10.5 yrs old. I live with my mum & some housemates in Sydney, Australia.

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 09:32:56 PM »
Hi, not yet but we will do.   Have just been taking her about the lake where we live in Hampton as she doesn't go out for long yet.   Will be doing the Ferry Meadows soon though.   I've heard there can be some nutty dogs there so didn't want to scare her by meeting unfriendly ones whilst shes still young.   Have you come across any?

We take Bentley into the big fields on the left from the pub car park - not round by the lakes where most people go.  However I guess there will be owners who don't teach their dogs manners and unfortunately you have to sort of develop a radar and bring your dog to heel and make it a game so as not to worry her and realise that she is being protected!!  if that makes sense!

Hi, we went to Ferry Meadows on Sunday and Indie had a great time, loads of doggies about.    She managed to find a rabbit bone and it took me ages to get it off her, never had the problem of getting something from her before but there was no way she was letting me near her, and she kept eating the rabbit poo, yuk

Offline Bentley

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 09:52:06 PM »

Hi, we went to Ferry Meadows on Sunday and Indie had a great time, loads of doggies about.    She managed to find a rabbit bone and it took me ages to get it off her, never had the problem of getting something from her before but there was no way she was letting me near her, and she kept eating the rabbit poo, yuk

:005: :005: little tinker  :005: :005:  pleased to hear you had a good time tho'.  Bentley has taken to chasing rooks cos they take off slow and low and really seem to enjoy teasing him!  will try to get some pictures next time but were laughing too much.

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 10:06:25 PM »
Hello Bentley, I'm Ellie, I'm an orange roan and I'm 3 years old.