Author Topic: Little man is home....  (Read 867 times)

Offline Helsbel

• Site Member
Little man is home....
« on: January 20, 2008, 08:22:32 PM »

Well he is already a little monkey, asleep on my lap now as I type. :blink: Seems to have settled in ok, taking him outside for a wee all the time, we stand there and say ' wee wee'   and he soon has a pee then we praise him lots and bring him back in. I hope this is right?
He has had a couple of accidents but I think that was just us trying to find our bearings with him.  :-\A couple of times too we have taken him out, then he has come back in and done a little pee... but we are thinking thats was our fault fo not being patient enough outside. So any advice will be greatley received!!!   :D :D

Offline bev6951

• Site Member
Re: Little man is home....
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 08:33:13 PM »
sounds like you are doing the right thing to me,  :D take him out frequently and like you said just be patient, then loads of fuss when he does it outside and ignoring when he does it inside dont shout it will frighten and confuse, it all comes together, keep up the fab work ;)  have you posted any photos of him at home yet?!!! :D
Bev, Wilson & Mylee xxx

Offline Helsbel

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 09:08:03 PM »
Have just put a few ones on while he is napping... he is so cute!!! :D

Offline DennyK

• Site Member
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 09:12:45 PM »
Give him little treats too when he "goes" outside - some people on here swear by keeping a tube of Primula cream cheese, only for rewarding "proper" toiletting outside - tiny little dab, let him lick it from the tube.  Some dogs are lactose-intolerant though, and shouldn't be given dairy.  If that proves to be the case with your little lad, keep some small bits of ham (about 3 or 4mm square) to grab from the fridge to take outside to treat with.

Denise

Offline bracken

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 09:23:32 PM »
Routine is a great start, they soon pick up what they need to do :blink: I did the command 'wee wee' with Bailey and its worked brilliantly,she had alittle treat each time she got it right :luv:

Lots of praise and when little accidents happen don't worry she is a tiny baby :luv:   Over the coming weeks her little routine will fall into place as you get to know each other :blink:

Enjoy your new puppy :luv:   they grow so quickly, this is a wonderful site with lots of super advice :blink:

Don't forget the piccy's !     Jo     x

Offline JulieG

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 09:26:03 AM »
ah he is so lovely  :luv: luna asta