Author Topic: IS IT USUAL? ADVICE PLEASE.  (Read 1145 times)

Offline ludo

• Site Member
  • Enya
    • Shirepark Cockers
IS IT USUAL? ADVICE PLEASE.
« on: January 18, 2008, 10:52:12 PM »
Hi: is it usual for pups to growl at feet with tail wagging and do the mouthing thing when in play mode?   :005: whats the best way to handle this?  I told Dax no and moved him away from my feet  ::) I dont want to encourage it?  advice please.  :blink:
http:www.shireparkcockers.co.uk

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
Re: IS IT USUAL? ADVICE PLEASE.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 10:58:30 PM »
 :D
sounds perfectly normal to me and it would only be a play growl as he see you as a big toy  :005:
i would move away from him though and not move him away...there are loads of threads about puppy biting and how to deal with it ..just do a search  :D

Offline ludo

• Site Member
  • Enya
    • Shirepark Cockers
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 11:37:11 PM »
ok thanks.  Glad I checked  :005:

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 06:07:33 PM »
Indie does this to me when she wants to play at night when we're in the lounge, she growls and lunges but I know its only play.   I just jump onto the sofa, she can't get to me from the floor  :005: :005:  Drives her mad as she can't jump on the sofa yet but she stops and attacks her toys on the floor instead

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 06:09:26 PM »

Just wait till she can get to you on the sofa - Just this morning Honey was desperately trying to dig my feet out from under the sofa cushions where I was hiding them to keep her off them....  >:D
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 06:12:28 PM »

Just wait till she can get to you on the sofa - Just this morning Honey was desperately trying to dig my feet out from under the sofa cushions where I was hiding them to keep her off them....  >:D

I know, don't think it will be long as she has a damn good go  :005:

Offline ludo

• Site Member
  • Enya
    • Shirepark Cockers
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 12:38:45 AM »
Dax likes the look of the sofa too  :005: so far his little legs aren't long enough for him to propel himself up there  :005: he hasn't chased my flapping trousers since the post  :angel: he has been more interested in the spring door stop in the lounge - we've had to take it off because he was pinging it and he could have given himself a black eye!  :005: Hours and hours of entertainment for free!!  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline Jeanette

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 09:46:50 AM »
Dax likes the look of the sofa too  :005: so far his little legs aren't long enough for him to propel himself up there  :005: he hasn't chased my flapping trousers since the post  :angel: he has been more interested in the spring door stop in the lounge - we've had to take it off because he was pinging it and he could have given himself a black eye!  :005: Hours and hours of entertainment for free!!  :luv: :luv: :luv:

We had to take ours off as well, as Indie had great fun pinging ours  :005: :005: