Author Topic: hi  (Read 617 times)

Offline phoebesmum

• Site Member
hi
« on: January 19, 2008, 11:14:48 AM »
hi
i am a newbie and new mum to phoebe, a 10 week liver + white cocker. she has settled in really well except waking up at 5:00am each morning >:D. to our amazement she can escape from her puppy pen and barks at the kitchen door until someone wakes up. we have no idea how she gets out of her pen but our main concern is the early mornings! we have started leaving her until 7:00am but she continuesly barks until someone gets up. she can also get past the baby gate we bought and we have started calling her Harry Houdini.
any advice?
she is a right little character! :blink:

Offline Sian P

• Site Member
Re: hi
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 11:19:29 AM »
Hi, sorry no advice but just wanted to say welcome to you and little Phoebe. She sounds like a cheeky monkey! Hope you get some useful tips soon.
Sian & Murphy x

Offline phoebesmum

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »

Offline beebee

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 03:31:40 PM »
Hi i have Maisy a yr old solid black girl, welcome to col. :D
I had Maisy in a crate as a pup, she couldnt get out of that!
But have to say she now sleeps upstairs with us :shades: rarely gets up before us. So not much help!

Offline Sian P

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 12:34:46 PM »
I know I said I had no advice but seeing as you're still waiting for some GOOD advice I had a think and came up with this!!...If she is waking at 5am then maybe you could try getting up just before and each day doing it 10 minutes later. Then she will gradually get used to you getting her up and not the other way round and also the time of waking will be gradually later. This could be rubbish as I haven't had this prob and am certainly no dog expert but at worst at least my post will keep your thread alive!!!
Sian & Murphy x