Author Topic: Im a newbie to this site.  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Heavenlyhayley

• Site Member
  • Sadie - Working Cocker Spaniel
Im a newbie to this site.
« on: January 31, 2008, 04:44:03 PM »
Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce myself and my family.  My name is Hayley I am married to Nigel and we have two children, Britney aged 8 and Brandon aged 5. We also have two dogs, Freya who is a 4 year old German Shepherd and Sadie who is a year old Working Cocker Spaniel.
My husband has recently started shooting and wanted a gundog, we didn't want another dog that was too big so we decided to look for a Working Cocker Spaniel. 
We searched for weeks for a Cocker and every number we rang they had been homed.  We never gave up and one day there was an advertisement that caught my eye, 6 month old Golden Working Cocker Spaniel for sale, date of advertisement Today. I phoned straight away and the lady said she still had her, we arranged to visit that day to meet the Cocker and check her out. We took our children and our German Shepherd to make sure that they would all get along, we stayed at the house for about 2 hours to be 100% before we actually decided to home her, we all fell in love with her the moment we saw her.
We brought her home that day and named her Sadie, she settled in really well and now we are one big happy family.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Im a newbie to this site.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 04:47:50 PM »
Hi and welcome to COL  :D

You have my two favourite breeds  :luv:  I have 3 working cockers and my previous dog, Sasha, was a GSD, she was the love of my life  :luv:

My lot are Alfie (2 yr old blue roan), Tilly (2 yr old solid liver) and Rodaidh (13 mth old golden). Alfie and Tilly are both trained to work and Rodaidh is being trained just now and will be out next season. That's a shame Sadie's previous owner couldn't keep her, why did they give her up?
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline laurenollie

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 04:49:26 PM »
Welcome Hayley!! What a great story - I've just got my first cocker who is a 16week golden boy called Ollie!! We're also quite new to this site but already addicted. Everyone is very friendly and very helpful if you need it!!!

all we need are pictures so make sure you get some posted!!

L&O x

Offline Heavenlyhayley

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 05:07:25 PM »
The lady who sold Sadie could not manage her, she did not realise Cocker Spaniels especially Working have so much energy, also I was not impressed that Sadie was 6 months old and had not had her first lot of injections and the lady hadn't even sent of her KC forms.  The first thing we did when we got her home was phone the vets and booked her in for her injections, we also had her microchipped, insured and have all paperwork in our name. 

Sadie is out on a shoot today with my husband, I can't wait for them to get back to see how they both got on. :blink:

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »
Sounds like Sadie has really landed on all 4 paws in her new home  :D  Can't wait to see some photos of her, and of Freya too  :luv:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Heavenlyhayley

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 05:11:55 PM »
Will have to sort some pics out, of Both. :lol:

Offline ClareB

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 06:56:41 PM »
Welcome to COL.   :D

Hope Sadie got on OK with her shoot today.  Look forward to hearing all about it, and seeing some pics of your dogs.   ;)
Clare, Milo & Mocha

Offline Heavenlyhayley

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 07:08:46 PM »
Sadie did ok today on the shoot but she did better the first time she went, this is her second time.
My hubby and Sadie still need to do quite a bit more training, they are going to a gundog training day in Kent on 17th Feb 08 it costs £25 for the day that includes food and drink. The guy who runs it assess you and the dog then puts you into groups depending on what training you already both have, it sounds really good.