Author Topic: Yellow Coat  (Read 1021 times)

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
Yellow Coat
« on: January 27, 2008, 07:29:30 PM »
Hi

My last cocker was a very dark blue roan and I didn't think of the issues that I would have with Eric's lovely black and white coat. Has anyone got any hints and tips on how to keep his legs white and not yellow? 

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: Yellow Coat
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 07:51:16 PM »
You may have to bathe, at least his legs, more often than you would for a blue roan. If he is very young and still squatting to pee, it will stain the legs.

Get a good whitening shampoo, there are many on the market such as Chris Christensens White on White, or Plush Puppy Herbal Whitening Shampoo.

Alternately you can add a dash of laundry bluing to your shampoo to help take the staining out. (Just a bit, depending on how much shampoo you are using and how much of the dog you are washing. Too much and he'll turn purple  :005: Don't worry, it'll wash out)
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 08:26:27 PM »
Thanks for the advice. I've had him in the sink a few times and just washed his legs (usually due to poo related incidents) but the yellow just doesn't seem to come out. I think I will try a whitening shampoo although I'm very tempted to have a purple dog  :005:

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 12:14:48 AM »
Coconut shampoo can make the white go yellow so try to avoid coconut shampoos for him.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:58:23 AM »
I also put some talc on Wilf as well
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!